Our client is a highly successful Global Aerospace company they are looking for looking for a Firmware Engineer to lead, or be a member of, a team responsible for the design, development, and verification of embedded products. The development activities will range from low level research to market driven product developments.
As the Firmware Engineer working on product development your range of responsibilities will include adherence to development process, creation of requirements, development of architecture, and design and integration of modules.
Typical products with which this role would come into contact include digital beam forming applications, radio, direction finding and logic translators for the control of antenna systems. The development activities will range from low level research to market driven product developments.
As a Firmware Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Digital hardware design
- Firmware lifecycle development
- RTL design
- Timing closure
- Requirements capture
- Strong written and oral skills
- Degree or equivalent
- Embedded Sytems
As a Firmware Engineer your key responsibilities will include:
- Development of architecture to fulfil system requirements
- Creation of design and test requirements
- Firmware design and code to implement requirements
- Documentation of design
- Working across a multidisciplinary team to ensure successful product integration
- Hardware verification
- Technology studies
- Work package estimation
- Deliver on time and budget
The ideal candidate will:
- Impart knowledge and best practice
- Have a background in DSP design and verification
- Be familiar with all major FPGA families and microprocessors
- Have an understanding of software and systems engineering principles
- Work to design and coding standards
- Work to configuration standards
Keywords - Firmware, Digital, Hardware, VHDL, Verification, Requirements Capture, Embedded Products, DSP, FPGA, GPS, VHF, RF, Radio, Aerospace, Avionics
Salary - Competitive, plus bonus, 12% pension, Flexi Time, Large Company benefits
Location - Marlow, Bucks.