Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
As a senior member of the FP&A team, this high profile role is responsible for all forward looking financial information, including the Strategic 5 Year Plan, annual Budget and quarterly Forecasts. Working with two direct reports, you will provide insight for both internal financial management, and the guidance included in all external financial reporting, including the quarterly trading statements, the interim and preliminary announcements, and the front half of the annual report.
• Strategic Plan - project manage the financial process. Analyse and articulate, to senior management and the board, the regional and corporate drivers behind the Group plan, and the financial impact of key strategic initiatives.
• Annual Budget and quarterly Forecast - project manage to ensure timely delivery, analyse and clearly explain the reasons for movements from the 5 Year Plan or previous Forecasts or Budget, and detailing the drivers behind the results.
• Product Planning interaction and gross margin preparation and analysis - sharing revenue projections to feed into Product Planning processed leading to the seasonal inventory buy. Using outputs from Product Planning team to calculate gross margins at a legal entity/country level both before and after transfer pricing.
• Scenario analysis - model various scenarios and their impact on the Group results and margins.
• Capital investment proposals - review, and work with the regions, to ensure appropriate financial and commercial rigour has been applied in advance of the proposals being presented to the Senior Leadership Team for review and approval.
• Providing analysis and insight to the Investor Relations team on a wide range of areas.
• Continuously improving the processes and controls within the team, challenge current ways of working to make these more efficient and effective.
• Responding to a significant amount of ad hoc queries, and analysis as required. Prioritising work effectively to ensure that these queries are responded to on a timely basis.
• Play a key role in mentoring, developing and retaining talent with a long term strategic mind-set and consideration for the ongoing evolution of Finance. Manage team to optimise their performance and oversee their development, both as individuals and as a team.
• Qualified accountant ACA/CIMA with previous PQE at this level in an FP&A team.
• Ability to build, lead and inspire the team. Has the ability to prioritise competing demands effectively.
• Strong analytical skills, ability to quickly understand and interpret complex information. Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to propose and deliver practical solutions to resolve complex problems that arise.
• Focusses on continuous process improvement, and driving efficiencies.
• Demonstrates a strong commercial mind-set, and understanding of business.
• Strong communication skills, with experience in both report writing and presenting information to both Finance and non-Finance people.
• Ability to build strong relationships, both with the wider Finance team globally and throughout the business. Can interact, advise and challenge senior leadership levels.
• Financial Planning and Analysis or similar role within a large company.
• Working within a multicurrency environment; analysing and understanding the impact of movements in exchange rates in all areas of the income statement.
• Previous leadership experience.
• Proven track record of building teams and delivering through ot