Cordius Ltd is looking for a Civil Engineer to join a well-established company with a wide range of interesting and ongoing regional projects. Company is very proud of their high standards of client service and is committed to continuous improvement by achieving ISO9001, ISO14001, 'Investors in People’ certificate and being proud members of ConstructionLine.
Salary: 32,000 - £48,000
Skills: Civil Engineering, Highways. Drainage, Microdrainage, Civil 3D Section Agreements
The successful candidate will have an extensive technical experience with all types of Civil work (drainage, highways, etc.) and ideally will have report writing experience (FRAs).
- Manage and undertake numerous residential, commercial and public sector related clients and projects. Liaise and co-operate working with team members, senior staff and colleagues in other disciplines
- Write Flood Risk Assessment reports, Transport Assessments and other technical reports for strategic development schemes
- Develop surface water drainage strategy designs, Road design, S38, S104, S106 and S278 documentation
- Prepare design models, drawings, calculations, technical documents, reports and correspondence
- Submissions of designs for third party approvals which require pro-active communication with clients, authorities and other agencies to ensure projects are completed to deadlines and budgets
The Main Responsibilities:
- Provide supervision, guidance, training and advice to junior engineers/technicians.
- Ensure all team members follow a continued professional development/programme of training to maintain the growth of the division. Achieve minimum of 5 days continuing professional development (CPD) per year
- Compliance with Designer’s responsibilities under the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2007; maintain valid CSCS Card
- Undertaking junior staff PDR and performance reviews
- Project management including client liaison, fee proposals, invoicing and managing team members
- Business development and networking; maintaining and growing existing client relationships, developing new opportunities and diversifying the range of commissions
- Management of clients and projects, including regular communication, obtaining feedback on performance, agreeing fee proposals and timescales
- Ensure team liaise fully with clients, other staff members and statutory bodies including Planning Authorities, Highway Authorities, Drainage Authorities, Environment Agency, etc. to ensure efficient progress with commissions
- Review calculations, technical documents, reports and correspondence produced by team to ensure delivery of quality, accurate and efficient work which has undergone rigorous checking procedures throughout the whole process
- Monthly invoicing
- Site visits for inspections or investigation work; attendance at meetings with team, clients and suppliers; occasional requirement to attend events and meetings outside of normal office hours.
- Other duties may occasionally be required to support the needs of the business.
- Educated to a minimum standard of degree in a relevant subject
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Working knowledge of technical guidance, standards/regulations and good practice
- Member of The Institution of Civil Engineers or other relevant professional body; hold or working towards a recognised professional qualification
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD
- Proficient in modelling software such as Micro Drainage, PDS or Civil 3d
- Working knowledge of drainage design standards and good practice, including Sewers for Adoption, Wallingford Procedure, FEH, NHBC Standards, CIRIA 753 (SUDS Manual), NPPF, etc.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal skills, particularly report writing and client liaison
- Self-motivated individual with desire to not only work within the company but also have ambition to help it grow and develop. Mentoring/supervision of trainee staff to develop their knowledge and skills
- 100% commitment to the Company Values and Service Commitments
- Excellent time keeping
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to present information in detail to Directors, senior management team and staff
- Hold full clean driving licence and have own private car with insurance for business use.
Cordius team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.