Headteacher / Head of School
Required for September 2019
An enthusiastic and experienced Head of School or Headteacher is required for Filey Church of England Nursery and Infants Academy, part of the Ebor Academy Trust.
The Governors, Staff and Pupils of Filey Church of England Nursery and Infants Academy are looking for an enthusiastic Headteacher or Head of School who will sustain and build on the success of the school’s rich, developmental philosophy, its Christian distinctiveness and its role as a school at the heart of a close-knit, warm and friendly community.
The person we are looking for will be fully supportive of the school’s Christian vision and committed to maintaining and developing the excellent links between St John’s Church and the school. They should have a passion for excellence and will be able to demonstrate, from their track record of whole school change, the ability to lead Filey Church of England Nursery and Infants Academy to outcomes the community expects and deserves.
Our new Headteacher or Head of School will also embrace being a valued part of the Ebor Academy Trust family of schools. Ebor currently comprises 22 schools, with more on the way.
The successful candidate will:
• Have high expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour
• Be a leader who can demonstrate having accelerated pupil progress across their school
• Be highly motivated and committed to working in partnership with staff and governors in taking the school forward
• Be able to articulate an explicitly Christian vision that impacts positively upon standards of achievement, the distinctively Christian character of the school and the well-being of the whole school community
• Demonstrate their commitment to engaging fully with parents/carers and the community.
We can offer:
• Pupils with good attitudes to learning
• A highly committed staff with well-established and supportive senior leaders
• Well-developed systems and programmes to support disadvantaged children
• A supportive governing body and Diocese
• Through Ebor Academy Trust, a committment to your professional development.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS and two references, at least one being from your current employer.
Headteacher pay grade L12-18 depending on experience, however this is also an exciting opportunity for a successful senior teacher, deputy or assistant headteacher to be appointed as Head of School. They will then be supported through the Ebor Leadership Programme for two years, commencing at pay grade L10-12 and progressing in due course to L12-18.
Closing date for applications: Friday 8 March 2019
Interviews: Week beginning 25th March 2019
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.