Technical Specialist, Cloud
Technical Specialist, Cloud
£65K-£75K basic plus bonus
Based Berks with UK Travel
A technical expert to help the Clients move to the Cloud and set them up as new customers on SaaS with AWS or Azure Cloud Services.
Working closely with HQ Technical Cloud Services and on-site with Clients to take the lead in scoping the needs for their Cloud migration and infrastructure needed to include working with new customers and their Cloud expectations as well as existing customer using on-premise solutions with SaaS looking to transfer to Cloud Services with AWS or Azure or other.
- This will involve a mix of technical and customer Technical Account Management skills to be the first point of contact for Cloud issues, working with Consulting and Technical Support.
- Developing and maintaining a deep understanding of the customer's operational, technical and business environments and their needs and challenges
- Acting as a customer lead to manage customer expectations
- Working as the key technical team member on cloud on-boarding projects and seeing them through to successful delivery
- Participating in issues raised and incident management, working with operations, technical and R&D business units to ensure a timely resolution of customer issues
- Acting as the central point for all on premise and cloud technical delivery
- Working closely with Project Managers and acting as their Subject Matter Expert for the regions, responsible for the relationship between customer and Company to ensure smooth on-boarding and transition to cloud
- Enabling the delivery for business transformation using SaaS solutions
- Collaborating closely with Cloud Operations to ensure expectations are aligned and customer requirements are met while maintaining Cloud standards, compliance frameworks and processes
- Collaborating internally in leading process improvement and best practice
- Data management and migration to Cloud issues
- Software configuration skills and quick learning curve
- Involvement in ERP & software
- Financial Management software or HR & Payroll could be useful.
- A solid background in a technical role (Cloud or Systems Engineering)
- A proven track record in relationship building, coordination and customer engagement with previous experience in a high performance, dynamic operational environment
- Demonstrated highly developed analytical, investigative and problem solving abilities and experience in cloud (ideally SaaS) delivery
- Customer driven and delivery focused; you’re a true advocate for the customer
- Adaptable and resilient to manage change positively with customers in your approach
- A knowledge manager, analytical thinker and decisive communicator you can clearly articulate recommendations and keep calm under pressure
- Service Delivery background
- ITIL an advantage
- Happy to travel to Client sites as needed and stay over.