IT Support Technician
Our client, an established company based in Peterlee are looking to recruit an IT Support Technician to join their expanding business. You will be an active part of a support team that provides 1st or 2nd line IT support to a network of local clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support end users with desktop and application use as well as cloud services as required
- Respond to queries and requests for assistance, logging and updating those queries to reflect the ongoing status using the helpdesk ticket system
- Support end users and their associated accounts/data
- Provide general support for end user devices & printers
- Update group policy as required using change control
- Monitor Ongoing backup health, logging issues as required
- Monitor end user devices to ensure AntiVirus/Updates/Firewall etc. health
- Monitor WebFilter/Firewall effectiveness and general health by routine testing
- Monitor UPS system and perform TPM as required
- Move equipment & Patch network ports as required
- Monitor wireless connectivity and escalate as required
- Monitor digital signage system, verify availability and schedule
- Update asset system as appropriate to track old/new equipment, moves/allocations etc.
- Maintain AV solutions in use, performing TPM as required.
- Maintain applications used throughout the Trust, applying updates and managing deployment assignments.
- Maintain central update and antivirus policies to mitigate emerging threats and advisories.
- Maintain telephone system deployment and device allocations, escalating as required for call routing changes etc.
- Monitor basic network services such as DNS and DHCP
- At least 1 years’ experience within an ICT support role
- A demonstrable understanding of Windows based environments
- Confident with all aspects of client side operating systems, network drives/printers etc.
- Capita SIMS
- Microsoft Windows 7/8/10
- Windows server 2008 - 2016
- L3/4 Qualification in ICT
- Applicable vendor certification i.e. CCNA, MCSA, CompTia+