Assistant Management Accountant - Retail
A well-known retail brand is seeking an ambitious Assistant Accountant / Junior Management Accountant to join its new London-based Finance team.
- Full function accounts receivable and account payable maintenance; bank reconciliations
- Month end closing including profit and loss/balance sheet reconciliations, accruals, prepayments, etc.
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register; depreciation
- Prepare and reconcile monthly payroll, timely tax filings, auto-enrolment administration and year end payroll returns.
- Assist the CFO with reviewing designated financial aspects of the company’s operations to assist in the preparation, consolidation and interpretation of the corporate accounts which support strategic business planning.
- Prepare and analyse accounting statements and reports to ensure accurate reporting of company’s financial results.
- Year end closing and fully reconciled Trial Balance
- Preparing all relevant tax filings including VAT returns.
- Assist in the design and implementation of financial reporting and analytical systems for management use.
- Assist in various strategic projects
- Maintain and further develop Financial Policies and Procedures.
- Identify areas of continuous improvement within your areas of responsibility.
- Ensure staff expenses are prepare correctly.
To be considered for this hugely progressive role you MUST meet the following criteria:
- Stable background - clean CV, not jumpy
- Some previous AP, AR, and month-end experience
- Stock invoicing experience desirable
- Able to communicate effectively and maintain relationships at all levels
- Competent, efficient and highly focused, with exceptional attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure and to very tight deadlines
- Warm, friendly and down to earth; loads of energy and enthusiasm
- Easy to get along with; a good sense of humour
- Able to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Able to work/adapt quickly within a very fast-paced environment
- Not afraid to get out of your seat and talk to people
- Someone who loves to improve/streamline/implement processes and boost efficiency!
- Someone who’s in it for the long-term; who wants to be a part of an expanding start-up
This is a phenomenal opportunity to develop your experience further, working for a rapidly expanding celebrity brand at an incredibly exciting time in its history!