Salary: Competitive + 5% flex-fund, Holiday & Pension
NHS SBS have a new position within thier Procurement team. As the Category manager will be pivotal in the engagement of key stakeholders within NHS SBS agreements, whilst developing category strategies and delivering significant cash releasing benefits and non-cash efficiencies.
• Deliver a portfolio of projects as agreed with NHS SBS client stakeholders, on time and to their expectations
• Awareness of national developments within the NHS and developments in the market place which the Category Manager is responsible
• To take the lead in this portfolio of projects as directed and become a subject matter expert
• To consistently meet best value for money by the effective sourcing of goods and services and to ensure that key performance objectives are identified and strategies are in place to enable procurement performance to be monitored across the health economy/category area
• To maximise contract compliance and to ensure that all procurement activities are in accordance with legislation, EU Procurement Directives, environment and sustainability requirements
• To be responsible for the developing, implementing, monitoring, and reviewing of procurement strategies for allocated commodities through detailed demand/market analysis to ensure continual improvement and innovation in service delivery
• Public sector and European procurement knowledge and experience including negotiation skills, knowledge of strategic sourcing methodologies, knowledge of supply chain, contract law, dispute resolution processes
• Ability to work as part of a team or in isolation
• Time management skills and ability to work to deadlines
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and stakeholder influencing skills
• Knowledge of procurement legislation
• Operates to Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply code of ethics
Established in 2005, we are now the UK's leading provider of business services to the NHS, which include Finance & Accounting, Procurement and Employment Services. We currently work with 100% of the NHS Commissioning organisations and over a third of NHS Trusts, providing a high level of governance and accountability for around £100 billion of NHS spend annually.
We also provide a full range of solutions for NHS Provider organisations, ensuring cost improvements and efficiency savings, as well as improved data management and reporting.
NHS SBS is a unique joint venture between the Department of Health and Sopra Steria. Our mission is delivering £1 billion savings back to the NHS by 2020 and we have already delivered audited savings of over £350m. We provide cost improvements of around 30% for our clients, as well as providing added value solutions.
Find out more
Visit the NHS SBS website and the NHS SBS LinkedIn company page.