Indirect Tax Accountant
· Preparation and filing of all UK and overseas indirect tax returns in conjunction with external specialists
· Monitor, review and implement process efficiencies and support the identification and implementation of indirect tax technology tools
· Monitor and action relevant indirect tax developments and represent the group on relevant industry forums
· Provide indirect tax advice on projects including M&A and new establishments
Skills / Competencies
· Strong attention to detail and clear presentation of data
· Good level of written and spoken communication
· Ability to work under pressure, to manage deadlines and to work as part of a team.
Qualifications & Experience
· Professional accounting qualification (ACCA/ACA) with indirect tax experience, or professional tax qualification (CTA/ATT) with indirect tax experience
· Strong data analysis and data extract capabilities, in particular MS Excel skills
· Financial services experience preferred
Specialised insurance for today’s challenges
and tomorrow’s opportunities
Arch Insurance Company (Europe) Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary within the Arch Capital Group Limited (“ACGL”) group of companies. ACGL is a Bermuda public limited liability company with approximately $10.5 billion in capital that underwrites insurance, reinsurance, and mortgage guarantee business worldwide. ACGL is listed on the U.S. NASDAQ stock exchange.
Through independent brokers, Arch Insurance Europe provides specialised insurance solutions to a wide range of global industrial, commercial companies and financial institutions through our network of offices.
With strong ratings for financial strength from our credit rating agencies, Arch Insurance represents a stable alternative for brokers and customers seeking fresh capacity.
Arch Insurance Company (Europe) Limited ratings as of June 25, 2018
A.M. Best, Standard & Poor’s and Fitch A+