Technical Support Engineer - First Line IT Help Desk / Service Desk
First Line IT Help Desk Technical Support Engineer with a good foundation working within a busy Service Desk environment ideally supporting Users remotely over the telephone and via email with a range of software and hardware issues, troubleshooting Broadband, Networking, Routers, WiFi, Windows and Firewalls is required for a well-established Company based in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire.
SALARY: up to £24,000 per annum (depending on experience) + Benefits + Ongoing Training & Development
LOCATION: Borehamwood, Hertfordshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 9am - 5:30pm, Monday to Friday
** All Levels of Experience Considered - However, a Network or an IT Qualification highly Desirable **
** Full & Ongoing Training Provided **
** IT Graduate Applications Considered **
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates must live within a 40-minute commute to Borehamwood and be legally entitled to work in the UK at the time of application.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a First Line IT Help Desk Technical Support Engineer that has a good foundation working within a busy Service Desk environment ideally supporting Users remotely over the telephone and via email with a range of software and hardware issues, troubleshooting Broadband, Networking, Routers, WiFi, Windows and Firewalls.
Working as the First Line IT Help Desk Technical Support Engineer you will join the Company's technical support department, assisting customers with using and getting the most from their networking products - routers, switching, wireless and other products.
As the First Line IT Help Desk Technical Support Engineer, you'll support customers on the phone and by email, so excellent communication skills are important. You'll also be very hands on with the Company's products, testing customer set-ups and scenarios to provide them with the best support.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
The ideal candidate is someone who wants to perform well in a happy, dynamic and busy office. The company has regular staff activities and a good benefits programme. Salary will be based on experience, skillset and subject to regular reviews.
Ideally you will have some commercial experience working within a busy service desk. However, the Company will also consider IT Graduates or candidates that have completed an IT certification (CompTIA A+, CCNA, MCSE) for Trainee positions.
If you want to work with this Company and be part of their team, delivering excellence to their customers and grow your career with them, we want to hear from you!
As the First Line IT Help Desk Technical Support Engineer you will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience and good knowledge of networking - using switches, routers, WiFi devices, network cabling and infrastructure - Any experience, specifically with Draytek Routers, Switches, Wireless Access Points, xDSL Modems would be highly desirable
- An understanding of IP concepts, subnets and web operations
- A keen eye for detail and good diagnostic skills
- Patience with users of all different technical ability
- An interest in learning and growing your own skill set with a passion for networking and IT security
- Good verbal and written communication skills - your written emails need to be concise and clear
- The ability to work as a team but also motivated under your own steam
- A good knowledge of Windows, MacOS and Linux networking
- Mobile devices (iPad, tablets, phones)
- A customer-focussed attitude
- Have an organised and structured approach to tasks
- Knowledge of fixed line and mobile broadband technologies (ADSL, VDSL, FTTC, FTTP, LTE)
- Eligibility to work permanently work full-time in the UK/EU
- Want to work in a happy, productive team and assisting other colleagues and other departments whenever needed
- Be reliable, punctual and have a good work record
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV's of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4660
Full-Time, Permanent IT Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk...