United Kingdom (Open to Location)
QBE’s European Operations, which accounts for over 27% of QBE Group turnover, is a leading specialist in London market and European commercial lines business. Active in both the Lloyd’s and company market, QBE offers considerable diversity to the broking community. We are a socially responsible company and give our customers the ability to invest a portion of their premiums in environmentally and socially beneficial projects.
We are looking for an Agency Manager to join our Market Management team. As an Agency Manager you will help provide the foundation for our broker trading relationships, helping create strong governance and controls, protecting the business from undue financial, regulatory and reputational risk across QBE European Operations
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
Accountability for all aspects of Agency management;
- Broker due diligence
- Effective contract controls and updates
- FCA registration & Permission Checking
- Broker acquisition management
- Ongoing financial health checks
- Monitoring of AR’s & Sub Agents
- Broker Risk Register
- Management of termination and run off processes
- Management of broker risk register
- Support Broker audit function
- Developing policies, guidance and processes to ensure business meets its regulatory requirements and ensure policies are kept up to date and relevant
- Monitor regulatory developments and coordinate response to proposed regulatory changes affecting Agency management and ensure QBE European Operations responds where appropriate
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- Detailed knowledge of Agency Management practices within in both UK and Rest of World
- Significant experience in an Agency Management role within an insurance company
- Professionally qualified. ACII or equivalent
- Experience of working towards and achieving deadlines under pressure, with individual accountability and effective time management.
- Good communication, interaction and presentation skills.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. Search for QBE on Vercida to learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion programmes and policies.