Senior Images Researcher
At The National Trust, we look after some of the most incredible properties in the UK. Great photographs, video and sound bring the places that we look after to life, and are critical to the success of our marketing and communications. By joining our Images team, you’ll be a key player in our work, researching and distributing relevant, brand-building content for use across all internal and external channels including a variety of media and platforms.What it's like to work here
We’re bigger than you think, we’re more complicated than we appear and we’re larger scale than you’d imagine. We’ve got passionate people in all our teams, and we’ve got so much more we want to achieve. We’re for ever, for everyone and we really mean that. We don’t want to stop at 5.5 million members and we want everyone to feel welcome and enjoy access to our places, so we need to reach new audiences in ways that are meaningful and relevant to them without losing the hearts and minds of those that are already with us.
Our central head office Heelis, is situation in Swindon, Wiltshire. We're well place, with ample parking nearby, a shopping outlet with plenty of options for places to eat, and the town centre only a 10 minute walk away. Alternatively you can enjoy our open plan atrium space for lunch times, with our internal café available every day.What you'll be doing
You’ll research content for our Guidebook and Magazine programmes, as well as delivering projects with our design, marketing and regional consultancy teams. You’ll interpret briefs creatively, sourcing the best content and delivering on time, to deadlines. You’ll make maximum use of existing content in our image library, negotiate discounts for external content and identify where we’ll need to commission new content.
You’ll be expected to help raise on-brand imaging standards across the organisation by communicating best practice to colleagues and delivering training workshops. You’ll be inspiring and educating our internal teams to demonstrate the importance of images to move, teach and inspire our audiences, helping the organisation to communicate more effectively and inclusively through imagery.Who we're looking for
- You’ve got a proven track record of success in a similar role and you have a keen interest in photography, history and culture.
- You’ll have an awareness of copyright legislation in relation to images, film and sound, too.
- With a good eye for photography, and experience of working with brand guidelines, you’re a brilliant visual researcher and you’re able to get to the heart of a brief quickly – delivering exactly what you’re asked for, every time.
- Engaging and enthusiastic, you’re an exceptional communicator with good negotiation skills.
- You’re also brilliantly organised with excellent attention to detail and a talent for multi-tasking and managing multiple projects, always seeing them through to a successful conclusion.
- A good understanding of marketing techniques, including websites as well as digital and social media
- Excellent digital and social media skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Advanced IT Skills (including Microsoft Office)
- Problem solving skills, and ability to work on own initiative
Benefits include flexible working whenever possible plus free parking at most locations. You’ll be entitled to discounts in high street stores and cinemas, National Trust shops and NT cafes, and have free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18).
Your health and wellbeing is important to us and is supported through generous annual leave and the option to buy additional days (minimum contract length applies), a cycle to work scheme, subsidised health cash plan and confidential access to a free support service 24 hours a day should you need it.
Your future financial health is helped by an employer matched - up to 10% of basic salary - contributory pension scheme and you can further your career with training and development tailored to you.
All of this and the opportunity to give something back to your community with up to 5 days of paid volunteering per year!