Digital Analytics Manager
There’s never been a more exciting time to work in Digital Analytics at the National Trust. Our brand is stronger than ever, we have more members and visitors than ever, and our marketing activity is winning high-profile, national awards.
We don’t want to stop at 5.5 million members - we want everyone to feel welcome and enjoy access to our places, so we need to reach new audiences in ways that are meaningful and relevant to them.
We're seeking a Data Champion - an Online Strategist who will optimise our marketing channel efficiency and take responsibility for the on-going delivery of personalised online experiences for each of our individual supporters.What it's like to work here
Heelis, the Central Office for the National Trust, houses approximately 700 staff from across the Trust’s directorates, including the Executive team and the Director General. The building was designed to be highly sustainable and has won a number of nationally-recognised awards; the open-plan offices and friendly social spaces help us to foster a truly collaborative working environment.
The Trust really likes to "workshop" concepts and initiatives, so you might find us trialling new ideas and campaigns in the atrium meeting area, the Director General, Hilary, giving an inspiring presentation on our achievements to date and our plans for the future - or, better still, our food and beverage specialists testing out new recipes.
Secondments to other departments are encouraged - we all work better together when we understand what our colleagues do. There's immense variety, passionate, dedicated and caring colleagues - and ample subsidised parking close by.What you'll be doing
The Trust is constantly making data-driven decisions, ranging from the development of our digital roadmap through to the nature and tone of our marketing campaigns. Underpinning all of this activity are progressive web analytics solutions, ensuring that we are all working from robust data.
Not only will you be responsible for driving and maintaining the technology behind our analytics tools, you'll also formulate and activate a strategic vision for online analytics, facilitating effective data collection, actionable reporting and the optimisation of our marketing channels.
You'll be promoting new analytics-driven functionality from multi-variate testing to website personalisation. In all, your work will play a significant role in contributing to marketing channel efficiency, and a personalised online experience for each of our individual supporters.Who we're looking for
You’ll likely be joining us from a senior analytics role, and will bring with you a wealth of experience - from using analytics-driven tools, to the creation of analytics strategies. In addition:
- You’ll be familiar with tag management solutions and will understand the importance of delivering the highest tracking standards, in line with the most recent data protection regulations.
- With a strategic eye, you’ll be used to bringing different disciplines together to enable the removal of data silos, to identify opportunities to optimise our marketing channels, and to personalise website experiences.
- Excited by data, your strong analytical skills are a given, but we’ll also look to you to communicate complex data clearly and effectively.
- You’ll have the ability to work collaboratively across different teams including Digital Products, Marketing and Data & Insights and will always be looking for ways we can work better together to improve our data and reporting.
- You’ll have experience at effectively leading and coaching a team of analytics experts who are keen to achieve and progress.
- You'll be motivated by the opportunity to nurture and promote a truly progressive online analytics roadmap. All this, with the knowledge that your work is driving results for a leading UK charity (cue that warm and fuzzy feeling).
Benefits include flexible working whenever possible plus free parking at most locations. You’ll be entitled to discounts in high street stores and cinemas, National Trust shops and NT cafes, and have free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18).
Your health and wellbeing is important to us and is supported through generous annual leave and the option to buy additional days (minimum contract length applies), a cycle to work scheme, subsidised health cash plan and confidential access to a free support service 24 hours a day should you need it.
Your future financial health is helped by an employer matched - up to 10% of basic salary - contributory pension scheme and you can further your career with training and development tailored to you.
All of this and the opportunity to give something back to your community with up to 5 days of paid volunteering per year!