Role Summary and Purpose
* Assist the Head of reporting & project, Finance Director Lloyd's retuns; QMA, QMB, SBF, NAIC, TRIA, QSR, ASR.
* Preparation of the management review packs for key external returns.
* Contribute to the successful completion of adult assignment.
* Assist the completion of the quarterly and annual Solvency II reporting.
* Assist the completion of the Company SFCR & RSR documents.
* Completion of the Syndicate primary statements and notes for the for the following entities; syndicate, Managing Agency and Corporate member.
* Review of agency returns prepared by the assistant syndicate accountant including the QF1 and AF1.
* Preparation of agency budgets for inclusion in the Qf1
* Preparation and/or review of key balance sheet reconciliations including; premium debtors, investment, cash, overseas deposits, bureau balances, intercompany balances and claims advances.
* Maintenance of Syndicate ledger, with specific responsibility for the following items:
Claims handling provisions
Reallocation of expenses to acquistion costs
DAC allocations to underwriting gains/losses
Accruals for ceded premiums
reinsurance bad debt
* Calculation and accounting of Lloyd's division intragroup quota share arrangements.
* Accounting and reporting of FUnds in syndicate capital arrangements, including interest charge and allocation of of investment return.
* Preparation of a currency balance sheet for the Lloyd's division.
* Preparation and review of the intragroup quota share packs.
* Assist the data loads to group reporting system and reconciliations.
* Assist the analytical review for group reporting
* Assist in the successful completion of the following projects:
* Direct reporting for service company underwriting
* Playback reporting
* Planning & Budgeting tool development
*Good attention to detail
* Ability to work unsupervised.
* Ability to work to tight deadlines.
* Ability to prioritise
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
* International Accounting Standard, US GAAP and Regulatory reporting
* Eagerness to develop and assume greater responsibility.
* ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified (or finalist)
* University degree (2:2 or better)
* Proficient in preparing Lloyd's regulatory returns
* Ability to operate at an operational and strategic level
* Fully proficient in Microsoft Office
* Proficient in the use of the following packages; Great Plains, TM1, IRIS
* Experience of managing, reviewing and developing direct reports
Specialised insurance for today’s challenges
and tomorrow’s opportunities
Arch Insurance Company (Europe) Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary within the Arch Capital Group Limited (“ACGL”) group of companies. ACGL is a Bermuda public limited liability company with approximately $10.5 billion in capital that underwrites insurance, reinsurance, and mortgage guarantee business worldwide. ACGL is listed on the U.S. NASDAQ stock exchange.
Through independent brokers, Arch Insurance Europe provides specialised insurance solutions to a wide range of global industrial, commercial companies and financial institutions through our network of offices.
With strong ratings for financial strength from our credit rating agencies, Arch Insurance represents a stable alternative for brokers and customers seeking fresh capacity.
Arch Insurance Company (Europe) Limited ratings as of June 25, 2018
A.M. Best, Standard & Poor’s and Fitch A+