The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for the administration and operation of the firm’s Infrastructure. This role requires an in-depth knowledge of Active Directory, Federation, Azure, MFA, VMware ESX, Windows security, and related technologies. The candidate will be part of the Cloud & Compute Engineering group. Candidate must be a self-starter, and demonstrate experience managing projects to completion. Candidate must be self-motivated, well organized and must have strong communications skills. This position works very closely with the AVP of Cloud & Compute Engineering and Senior Systems Engineers of IT Operations.
· Candidate MUST have strong Power Shell scripting experience as well as operational responsibility over the Active Directory, ADFS, DNS, DHCP and PKI services.
· Strong Azure and Office 365 experience.
· Install and maintain hardware and software on a virtualized Windows network.
· Develop processes and procedures to ensure managed environments maintain the highest levels of availability, security, and quality.
· Lead the security work stream of Active Directory consolidation program; Identify risks and provide guidance regarding remediation of gaps, to facilitate delivery of a hardened and sustainable AD environment. Deliver scripted solutions to assist with discovery and remediation of ad-hoc security gaps.
· Follow all set procedures and policies pertaining to the Change Management system.
· Develop capacity forecasts for managed environments that are proactive and prevent problems prior to outages.
· Manage "crisis situations" to a satisfactory conclusion (even under stress).
· Provide guidance on topics broadly related to information security risk and compliance.
· Serves as escalation point and provide troubleshooting guidance and direction in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems.
· Candidate must be able to accommodate schedule flexibility to deal with escalations and occasional changes during non-core business hours.
· A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience supporting a production environment.
· At least 3 to 5 years of relevant practical experience managing/troubleshooting authentication services.
· At least 5 plus years of strong PowerShell Automation Experience.
· At least 5 years of advanced level Active Directory experience.
· Knowledge of Kerberos, LDAP, Active Directory, ADFS, DNS, DHCP.
· Experience with implementation of backup/restore and disaster and recovery strategies.
· Strong familiarity with security issues surrounding network computing and experience in implementation of security systems and controls.
· Expert knowledge of Active Directory, ADFS, GPO's in a Windows Server 2012 R2 environment.
· Significant experience with Windows operating systems scripting and troubleshooting.
· Experience with user and security administration in the Windows environment.
· Extensive experience with maintenance and administration of VMWare virtualized systems.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange, Dell InTrust, Dell Change Auditor, and Dell GPOAdmin are preferable.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Non-Windows Server architectures, Virtualization Technologies.
· Candidate must have a technologist mindset with aptitude to work on complex projects while possessing organization, time management, and multitasking skills.
· Candidates should have excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to cross-train team members.
· Strong ability to adapt to an extremely dynamic environment comprising of high degree of complexities and priorities.
· Knowledge and experience of LAN/WAN/Firewall/VPN network technologies.
· Knowledge and experience of Citrix virtual application and desktop configuration and support in production environments.
· Knowledge and experience of Load Balancing technologies including configuration and support of production systems.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including strong listening skills.
· Ability to effectively communicate business and technical information to audiences with varying backgrounds.
· Ability to communicate with offshore teams and technical development teams.
· Good documentation and presentation skills.
· Ability to interact with management in a professional manner.
· Ability to effectively plan, facilitate, and participate in meetings with employees from all organizational levels.
· Effectively use teamwork to contribute to a high-morale/high-performance team culture, leading by example.
· Demonstrate the ability to work in an open way, willingness to share knowledge and resources and to educate others within a global team.
· Effective team player and collaborator.
· Strong skills in prioritization and reprioritization to react to a dynamic environment as Arch continues to evolve.
· Results driven; Ability to work independently; Self-starter
Education and Training:
· Industry specific training or designation such as MCSA or equivalent
· Technical degree or certifications preferred but not required.
· Specialised insurance for today’s challenges
and tomorrow’s opportunities
· Arch Insurance Company (Europe) Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary within the Arch Capital Group Limited (“ACGL”) group of companies. ACGL is a Bermuda public limited liability company with approximately $10.5 billion in capital that underwrites insurance, reinsurance, and mortgage guarantee business worldwide. ACGL is listed on the U.S. NASDAQ stock exchange.
· Through independent brokers, Arch Insurance Europe provides specialised insurance solutions to a wide range of global industrial, commercial companies and financial institutions through our network of offices.
· With strong ratings for financial strength from our credit rating agencies, Arch Insurance represents a stable alternative for brokers and customers seeking fresh capacity.
· Arch Insurance Company (Europe) Limited ratings as of June 25, 2018
· A.M. Best, Standard & Poor’s and Fitch A+