Deputy Headteacher - Safeguarding
Learning together. Respecting each other. Achieving our potential.
Are you looking for a fantastic career opportunity? Then why not join our dynamic team as Deputy Headteacher for Safeguarding. We were judged as a ‘Good’ school by Ofsted in June 2015 and are looking for an experienced and self-motivated Deputy Headteacher to help us on our journey to become Outstanding. Start date September 2019.
Are you highly motivated and driven, with a proven track record of leadership, outstanding classroom teaching and known for having a positive impact on whole school development?
In this strategic management role would you work pro-actively with a ‘can do’ spirit to ensure that the needs of every child are fully met?
All our staff are passionate about teaching and learning, and are looking for an ambitious leader who we can help develop in their educational career. The staff are hardworking and share our ambitions for the children. The children tell us that they enjoy being here.
We are looking for an inspirational Deputy Headteacher:
- To work in partnership with the Headteacher, a colleague Deputy Headteacher responsible for Positive Behaviour Management and an Assistant Headteacher; School Business Manager and Inclusion Lead in a strategic capacity to drive the school forward.
- To line manage middle leaders, including teachers and Staff within your allocated phase and the Safeguarding Team, enabling them to lead their own teams.
- To demonstrate inspirational and outstanding teaching, and help develop excellent teaching across the school.
- To ensure the best possible outcomes for all children.
- To have a relevant and continuously developing deep understanding of what quality education looks like and up to date guidance on best practice for Safeguarding
- To assist with the development of assessment across the school, especially provision mapping
- To model exemplary practice.
In return we can offer you:
- A positive and caring ethos based on the values of the school.
- A welcoming and supportive community.
- A commitment to support your continued professional development.
- The opportunity to work with a passionate and dedicated team of staff.
- A supportive loyal and committed Leadership team and Governing Board with a clear vision of raising standards of teaching and learning.
- Pupils with exceptional behaviour and willingness to learn.
We would like to encourage you to come and visit us. Please contact the School Office on 020 8422 5070 or email to make an appointment. Visits can be arranged for the afternoon of Tues 26th Feb, Thurs 28th Feb or Friday 1st March 2019.
Closing date: 9am Monday 4th March 2019.
Interviews: Tuesday 12th March 2019.
Safeguarding is of the utmost importance to us. Strict reference checks will therefore be carried out before interview and, as this post involves working with children, if successful, you will be required to apply for a Disclosure and Barring Service records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.