WITH FREE TEAM TEACH TRAINING
South East London
- Are you looking for a new role?
- Are you interested in a free team teach training?
- Are you available 5 days a week ?
- 6-8 pupils in a class with 3 x Teaching Assistants, 1x HLTA
- SEN School
- ASAP start - Training in FEB half term
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and development
- Daily rate between £65 - £80 a day
A unique Special Needs school with a community feel, in Oval is recruiting a number of new teaching assistants. The successful applicants will join a highly respected and effective team and start as soon as possible.
You will be responsible for working as part of the support team in class under the direction of the class teacher assisting small ASD classes of 6-8 students. The school itself is very modern having been purpose built for SEN, making it an amazingly practical facility as well as being aesthetically pleasing.
The school will invest heavily in your development and encourages career progression and professional development through regular CPD training. Permanent contracts will be offered to those who distinguish themselves over the temp contract - this is the way the school has recruited their TA staff for the last year and the vast majority of those was appointed as a permanent member of staff.
About the School
- SEN School
- Caters for children with ASD
- Rated "Outstanding" by Ofsted
- Outstanding leadership team who encourage in-house career progression
- Multisensory soft play room
- Specialist dark room for visual stimulation
- HE and Art, Design & Technology bases
- Accessible/adapted toilet/changing areas with plinths and hoists
- Specialist individual equipment for pupils ordered by physiotherapist, Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational and Dietary Therapists
- All classrooms have computers/interactive whiteboards, software and internet access
The LSA / TA will need to meet the following criteria:
- Have experience working with ASD
- Have experience working with SEN (essential)
- SEN TA experience
- Willingness to undertake personal care tasks (feeding, changing, toileting etc.)
- Hold a DBS or willing to pay for one
If you feel this is the right role for you, please click apply or contact David @ Academics.