Senior Test Engineer / Analyst
Senior Test Engineer / Analyst
Up to £62,000 DOE + Extensive Benefits Package
SSP is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry. We provide core technology solutions, distribution and trading capability, advanced analytics and solution delivery.
Want to work with great people, in modern offices and have the opportunity to progress and develop your career? Our team is growing, so we are on the lookout for a passionate Senior Test Engineer / Analyst to join our Software Engineering Team based at our Aldershot office.
The purpose of the Senior Test Engineer / Analyst will be:
To support the delivery of high quality product releases by testing and ensuring functional and non-functional requirements are met in-line with company standards.
We'd like to meet a Senior Test Engineer / Analyst with:
- Strong work experience of building and maintaining UI automation frameworks testing using Java, Selenium and/or Katalan Studio
- Strong work experience of building and maintaining API automation frameworks using Groovy, SoapUI/SoapUI pro, Postman and/or REST assured
- Strong skills in creating test cases for in-depth technical analysis for reliability, efficiency, usability, maintainability and portability
- This is a customer facing role so experience of working with external clients would be an advantage
- Experience of producing test scripts, materials and regression test packs for new and amended software
- The ability to create traceability records
- Experience of recording and analysing action and results and maintaining a defect register
- Relative work experience of working in AWS Cloud would be an added advantage, and/or a Cloud certification
The Senior Test Engineer / Analyst Responsibilities include:
- Designing, building and maintaining a functional test library, using manual / automated tests
- Performing test execution as agreed in the Test Plan and the retesting of defects when deployed to the test environments
- Identifying and designing appropriate test strategies for applications/modules
- Determining the appropriate test approach and estimation in collaboration with the Test Lead/Test Manager
- Comply with the agreed test methodology and standards to ensure good governance and record keeping in line with SSP test principles and commercial interests
- Ability to utilise both automated and manual approaches to derive the appropriate testing regimes
- Conduct test reviews (including Static testing) of Functional Requirements
- Identify and escalate risks associated to testing
- Act as an SME and provide guidance and support to other team members
- Provide guidance to the team members in interpreting functional and non-functional requirements, the design of test scenarios, test cases and reporting
What's in it for you?
- A unique working environment where you'll be surrounded by passionate experts from a variety of backgrounds and industries
- The opportunity to be yourself
- We are offering a generous salary and matching pension scheme
- A clear, personal learning and development plan that provides the frameworks and development solutions to ensure everyone has the opportunity to maximise their performance and realise their potential
- Generous holiday allowance (25 days' + Public Holidays), free parking and life assurance
- A wide range of flexible benefits such as experience days and gym memberships, to wellbeing benefits like healthcare cashback plans, and so much more
What are SSP's Values?
We have a strong, clear vision - to be the leading provider of insurance technology software - and our values describe what makes SSP unique and capture the SSP spirit that runs through everything we do.
Respect - Ownership - Collaboration - Innovation - Energy
A career with us:
SSP believes the most valuable asset for any business is the people it employs. It is crucial therefore to employ and invest in the best. At SSP we believe that our diversity makes us stronger. As an equal opportunities employer we celebrate and support everyone who works for us. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in our working practices and are proud of our inclusive culture.
It goes without saying that we do not discriminate on any basis. Instead we continue to actively promote equality and grow our diverse workforce for the benefit of our customers, products, our business and our people.
To apply for the role of Senior Test Engineer / Analyst, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Senior Test Engineer, Senior Test Analyst, Functional Test Engineer, Functional Software Tester, Senior Software Tester, IT Tester, IT Test Engineer, Software Test Engineer, Software Test Analyst, Systems Tester, QA Tester, QA Test Engineer, QA Test Analyst.