Software Support Engineer
Software Support Engineer
Halifax, West Yorkshire
Salary: Up to £55,000 DOE + Extensive Benefits Package
SSP is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry. We provide core technology solutions, distribution and trading capability, advanced analytics and solution delivery.
Want to work with great people in modern offices and have the opportunity to progress and develop your career? Our team is growing, so we are on the lookout for a passionate Software Support Engineer to join our Software Engineering Team based at our Halifax office, working with a team of 15 engineers.
The purpose of the Software Support Engineer will be:
Providing software support for a variety of systems, investigating live issues and providing support to other internal teams. Development and implementation of software enhancements. This role requires you to be on an out of hours on call rota for 1 in 3 weeks.
We'd like to meet a Software Support Engineer with:
- Demonstrable experience of working in a production support role, working to tight deadlines.
- Good and extensive experience of analysing issues and proposing solutions.
- Experience of liaising with Infrastructure and Customer Support teams.
- Experience of coding, developing and testing in C# and .NET in an agile/TDD environment.
- Strong unit testing capability to enable the development of quality code.
- Experience of working across a number of teams in different locations.
The Software Support Engineer's responsibilities include:
- Efficient and proactive handling of production incidents.
- Ensuring quality development process, procedures and standards are adhered to.
- Ensure a high quality of test developed software is created.
- Documentation is produced to required standard for Development.
- Ensure deadlines are met with realistic deadlines, and reports are regularly sent through.
- Solutions are applied following analysis and evaluation of enquiries and reports.
- Quality Indicator is published after each release and advise of tolerances.
What's in it for you?
- A unique working environment where you'll be surrounded by passionate experts from a variety of backgrounds and industries.
- The opportunity to be yourself.
- A generous salary and matching pension scheme.
- A clear, personal learning and development plan that provides the frameworks and development solutions to ensure everyone has the opportunity to maximise their performance and realise their potential.
- Generous holiday allowance (25 days + Public Holidays), free parking and life assurance.
- A wide range of flexible benefits such as experience days and gym memberships, to wellbeing benefits like healthcare cashback plans, and so much more.
What are SSP's values?
We have a strong, clear vision - to be the leading provider of insurance technology software - and our values describe what makes SSP unique, and captures the SSP spirit that runs through everything we do.
Respect - Ownership - Collaboration - Innovation - Energy
A career with us:
SSP believes the most valuable asset for any business is the people it employs. It is crucial therefore to employ and invest in the best. At SSP we believe that our diversity makes us stronger. As an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate and support everyone who works for us. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in our working practices and are proud of our inclusive culture.
It goes without saying that we do not discriminate on any basis. Instead we continue to actively promote equality and grow our diverse workforce for the benefit of our customers, products, our business and our people.
To apply for the role of Software Support Engineer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Software Support Engineer, Software Engineer, Software Developer, IT Support Engineer, Application Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, Development Support Engineer, IT Support.