Procurement & Contracts Manager BLUP78083
Permanent, Part Time (4 days per week, 08:45 until 17:00)
Our client, which is owned by and based at North East Surrey College of Technology (known as NESCOT) in Epsom Surrey, has the desire to be the best in everything that they do, and that ambition is not restricted to the quality of their education and training but extends also to how they procure and manage over 200 contracts and suppliers that they currently work in partnership with.
Following a recent re-organisation of their Commercial and Contract Management functions, they are looking to appoint an experienced and flexible Part Time Procurement & Contract Manager to join a small team of professionals who are dedicated to delivering procurement and contract management support which delivers both value for money and high quality services.
They are looking for a candidate who is passionate about what they do and somebody that whilst working as part of a team can also work independently and with limited supervision, managing effectively their workload whilst meeting agreed deadlines.
The ideal candidate will also be able to demonstrate:
- Detailed knowledge of Public Procurement and Contract Management Regulations, including OJEU obligations and thresholds;
- An understanding of Contract Finder reporting obligations;
- The benefits delivered through effective procurement processes (Developing all tendering documentation required for Invitation to Tenders, Tender Evaluation and Award recommendation and as required by the project), including around delivering Value for Money;
- Ideally experience of working in the Further/Higher Education environment or wider Public Sector;
- Ability to deal with a wide range of concurrent projects and related timeframes;
- Good interpersonal skills, with strong negotiation and influencing skills gained from within a contract management environment;
- Experience of undertaking quote and tender exercises and of undertaking contract negotiations; up to and including Deal Closure;
- Experience of managing contracts, including undertaking Contract Review Meetings, developing Improvement Action Plans and drafting related contract documentation, including Minutes;
- Ability to communicate and build effective relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners;
- Ability to work under pressure, be a problem solver who is solution focused;
- Strong literacy, numeracy and commercial acumen;
- Advantageous to have membership of CIPS (or actively working towards membership) or equivalent; and
- Establish and maintain external professional networks, working closely with professional partners, ensuring that all learning is shared with the College so that it benefits from these networks and experience;
Our client’s terms and conditions of employment are separate from those of the College.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 24 February 2019
Interviews will take place on Monday 4 March 2019
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.