We have an exciting opportunity for a Mortgage Underwriter to join our growing team here at OneSavings Bank.
OSB are a challenger bank who specialise in specialist lending and retail savings. We've experienced significant growth over the last few years, with our UK employee base more than trebling to what is now exceeding 600 staff.
This role is based within one of our brands in Hertfordshire, Prestige Finance Ltd, which is a specialist provider of secured loans.
The primary purpose of a Mortgage Underwriter is to facilitate and progress mortgage applications, within the assigned mandate level, through to mortgage offer, in line with the Bank's operating procedures and policies.
As a Mortgage Underwriter, you will be:
- Underwriting allocated applications to offer, requesting further information from relevant stakeholders where required
- Offering mortgages to approved borrowers within assigned mandate levels
- Requesting any outstanding information if required
- Reviewing Agreement in Principle requests in a timely manner and confirming decisions to the relevant intermediary
- Communicating with intermediaries by telephone and in writing, handling objections and providing objective feedback
- Identifying any potential fraudulent activity and escalate any concerns
- Supporting the Completions Consultant with any technical queries
Why come to work for us?
You'd be joining OSB during an exciting time of significant growth, with ongoing opportunity for career progression. We have excellent testimonials of progression within the Underwriting group and would love for you to be part of our future!
The added extras
- The salary associated with the role would be based on your relevant experience, with the range being between £26,500 - £35,000
- An annual 10 - 12.5% discretionary bonus opportunity
- 22 days, increasing to 24/25 in April 2019
- Holiday Purchase Scheme - ability to purchase an additional 5 days holiday
- Supportive and progressive environment, with significant coaching and training opportunities
Am I suitable for this role?
You'll be a motivated, customer focussed and conscientious individual who is able to say 'yes' to the following questions:
- Do you have experience in an underwriting role within a mortgage function?
- Do you have experience working in financial services?
- Do you have experience of manually assessing documents and affordability checks?
- Do you have intermediate skills in Microsoft Word and Excel?
At OneSavings Bank, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and we are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. No employee or potential employee will receive less favourable treatment because of any protected characteristic.
All applicants must have rights to work in the UK.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If so and you're interested in the opportunity to join OSB, please click the 'Apply' button and send us your CV.