Trainee Accountant - Study Support
- Salary: £18,000
- Study Support: AAT moving into CIMA / ACCA
- Location: Speke, Merseyside
- Position Type: Full-Time
My client is an SME retail company who's looking for a recent graduate to join the accounting and finance function. You'll be reporting to the Accountant and the owner. You'll get involved in finance but also this is an opportunity to learn business holistically and the business faces new puzzles to solve every day. The ideal person for the role will have a proactive approach to helping out in other departments and have a can-do attitude and an aptitude for problem solving.
- Preparation and distribution of weekly performance reports on sales, purchasing and production
- Assistance with month end duties including preparation of accruals and prepayments
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Purchase ledger assistance
- Sales Ledger
- Adding standard costs to the system
- Ad-hoc reporting as required
Essential attributes / skills / qualifications:
- Must have a 2:1 or above in Accountancy & Finance, Maths, Economics, Business or a numeric based degree
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Driven to improve processes and procedures
- Good time management, planning and organizational skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Competent IT skills especially on Excel including using a wide range of functions and formulas, creating pivot tables.
- Attention to detail
If you are interested in this role please contact John Devlin at Agility Resourcing.
Please note due to the large volume of applications we receive for these roles, if we have not contacted you within 7 days then unfortunately your application hasn't been successful.