Senior Quality Systems Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer - £38,000 - £40,000 - Skelmersdale - Pension - Holidays
Our chosen business partner is currently experiencing a steady period of growth and is looking to add to their Senior System Quality department. They are a specialist manufacturer of highly engineered components and assemblies requiring the tightest dimensional tolerances for a range of demanding automotive and specialist engineering applications.
You will be part of an existing, highly experienced fast moving department on an international scale. The successful applicant will be required to work as a key team player, with direction and motivation being given to achieve internal & external quality expectations to automotive standards.
* Conducts internal Audits as part of the annual audit planning process.
* Ensures all audit timing plans are met by the in house auditors.
* Support and create documents when requested.
* Current documentation update.
* Formulate Audit action plans and drive owners to ensure timely closure.
* Communicate with external audit providers.
* Use APQP, FMEA and PPAP to ensure all quality aspects are considered and approved
* Ensure adequate support is given to the manufacturing process.
* Together with Process Owners, maintain the KPI system and ensure data integrity.
* Consolidates the monthly quality reporting with inputs from area owner.
* Reporting out audit findings both internal and external.
* Create, update and drive 8D reporting &Closure of audit non-conformities.
* Ensures that the BMS changes and process reviews are progressed on behalf of central quality.
* Manages the updates of the plant/division process maps & procedures through the IBMS portal as and when changes requested.
* Manages to the BMS team place and publish updates.
* Ensures the HSE, Environmental & Quality BMS organization is informed of changes & lead the business Unit team meetings.
* Maintains access through local users / administrators for the OEM's globally. e.g. through Quality Manager.
* Supports the maintenance of the Supplier Portal for quality applications e.g. with Purchasing and Supplier Quality.
3 years' experience in Automotive industry.
IMS systems in the Automotive world.
Automotive global requirements.
Internet, ERP applications.
14001 & 14000 fully conversant.
University Engineering degree BSc.
A Six Sigma Greenbelt and/or LEAN qualification.
Experience in using IT to workflow processes.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.