Legal Secretary - Family
Our client is a highly regarded firm of solicitors & advisors who provide a full range of legal services on a personal and professional level.
An opportunity exists for an experienced Legal Secretary to work full time hours within their Family team.
On a day to day duties will include:
· Accurately create and input documents from digital dictation onto the case management system, checking with the Legal Advisor on any unclear details and ensuring that the document is properly constructed and accurately conveys his/her meaning
· Draft straightforward legal documents using the precedents provided, filing documents
· Prioritise and manage workload effectively and ensure deadlines are met
· Notify Legal Advisor daily of who they are meeting and the nature of the appointment
· Manage Legal Advisor diary effectively with awareness to their other commitments
· Ensure all photocopying is accurate; take responsibility for checking photocopying done by Office Assistant
· Ensure all post is checked and subsequently signed by the Legal Advisor and that it is ready for collection by the nominated time
· Deal accurately and promptly with the filing (preferably daily) of all correspondence and documentation
· Be proactive and assist Legal Advisor in progressing matters
· Assist the Legal Advisor with any aspect of file management, as requested
· Prepare files for archiving and complete deletion forms promptly
· Attend to clients confidently, both on the phone and in person, accurately recording any messages and passing on to the appropriate person without delay
· Schedule appointments, arrange meetings, and maintain up-to-date diaries using the appropriate diary function, if requested
· Ensure the confidentiality and security of all practice and client documentation and/or information by operating a clear desk policy as far as is practicable
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working within a legal secretarial position. Minimum typing speed of 60wpm.
If you would like to apply for this very exciting opportunity please do send us a copy of your CV or alternatively if you have any questions please do feel free to call our team and have a chat.
We look forward to hearing from you.