Showroom Assistant Manager, Premium Paint Brand
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented individual with a passion for colour, interior design and customer service to join our dynamic, friendly and respected family business in the permanent role of Showroom Assistant Manager, based at our new showroom in Wilmslow, which will open in April 2018.
The new store will be a focal point for the brand in the North West and will attract Professional Painter, Interior Designer and Homeowner customers from across Cheshire and the Greater Manchester area. The showroom will become renowned as a centre for exceptional colour, design, technical expertise and service.
We are looking for a professional, personable and enthusiastic person who can assist in overseeing the day to day activities of the store as well as supporting the Showroom Manager to lead, manage and motivate a team of store associates to deliver the highest levels of customer service to a variety of different types of customers, maintain exceptional store standards and deliver against the financial objectives of the showroom.
The ideal candidate will have a background in an interiors-related field and should also have an excellent commercial track record in a retail environment. They will be able to comfortably converse with a variety of customer types and be able to demonstrate a flexible and proactive working style, with an ability to adapt to the changing demands of a rapidly growing business. As a senior position within the business, the Assistant Showroom Manager will be required to operate with a degree of autonomy and to ensure that every customer interaction embodies the passion and expertise that our company is known for.
This full-time role will cover 5 days per week, Monday to Saturday, on a rota basis. We offer a competitive salary, company pension and 25 days holiday annually. This role reports into the Showroom Manager.
- Delivering the financial objectives of the showroom.
- Helping to manage and motivate a team of store associates.
- Delivering excellent customer service to homeowner, interior designer and professional painter customers.
- Managing showroom stocks to deliver outstanding service to customers.
- Maintaining exceptional store standards.
- Managing key customer accounts.
- Delivering marketing and sales initiatives to grow showroom revenues.
- Experience in a managerial role in a retail environment.
- Experience in an interiors-related field.
- Excellent commercial acumen with track record of delivering financial results in a retail environment.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organisation skills.
- Experience of leading a team of store associates.
- Adaptability and positive attitude