Accounts Assistant - Credit Control (Part-Time) 25 Hours (immediate start available)
We are seeking a confident teamplayer to join our forward thinking company. We are passionate about our customers and are proud of our name and reputation and rely upon our team to uphold and enhance the company name, reputation and performance. We are looking to appoint someone who shares our goals. A generous benefits package is on offer for the right candidate - could this be you?
The Role - Accounts Assistant - Credit Control
Reports to: Financial Controller
Hours: Monday - Friday (25 hours / 09:30-14:30) - It is anticipated the role could demand more hours in time (c30 hours)
The primary responsibilities of the role are biased towards Credit Control, with some Purchase Ledger and adhoc tasks.
Duties & Key Responsibilities:
- Credit control - Seek to be proactive in the approach to collecting debts via telephone and email. Liaise with other teams within the business (i.e. sales, service or install) to assist in ensuring queries are resolved in a timely manner, keeping the Financial Controller up to date on any issues as they arise.
- Attend the weekly "Invoices in Query" Meeting with the Financial Controller & Service Manager to report their status and actions required
- Maintain the legal process for debt recovery under the guidance of the Financial Controller.
- Act as first point of call for telephone calls in the Finance Department, ensuring messages & queries are communicated and dealt with appropriately.
- Administer the 'Finance’ department’s email inbox, dealing with requests and queries in a timely manner.
- Seek to be proactive in obtaining outstanding purchase order numbers for renewal and chargeable invoices on a regular basis.
- To analyse credit card expenditure, ensuring accurate coding and receipts are matched with statements.
- To provide cover for processing purchase ledger invoices (on Sage and/or CASH system) in a timely and accurate manner, checking nominal coding and resolve invoice & PO queries (with other teams) and escalate where necessary.
- Provide cover for other finance staff members during annual leave.
- To undertake ad hoc tasks from time to time as required by the Financial Controller to assist with the general running of the department.
- Minimum of 3 years experience, in a similar position. Educated to A level (or equivalent)
- Excellent verbal, written and organisation skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage difficult debtors. Experience with litigation beneficial, but not a necessity.
- Problem solver, able to think 'outside of the box’.
- Ability to forge relationships with Customers (internal & external).
- Accurate numeric work.
- Experience of Sage 200 and/or CASH (Mentor) desirable
- Microsoft excel beginner/intermediate level desirable