Legal Documents Assistant 12 Month FTC
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Legal Documents Assistant to join a successful Housing Association and house builder based in Poole.
This is a full time, temporary 12 Month fixed term contract role.
The main purpose of the job is to support the Property Charging Manager and Legal Documents Executive to complete legal charging packs.
- Providing high quality and comprehensive charging packs ready for future charging exercises.
- Providing administrative and clerical support for the Group’s uncharged assets.
- Maintain regular contact with external parties to gather documentation needed for the charging pack.
- Review the search results from our Solicitors and gather answers/documentation requested.
- Work with our Local Authorities and Developers to chase any outstanding documentation/confirmations/consents which our Development team does not hold.
- Work with the Group’s charging Solicitors to ensure all packs are to a high charging standard.
- Assist the Legal Documents Executive with the completion of new charging packs.
- Assist with releasing units from charge as and when necessary.
- Work closely with Local Authorities to review/amended existing S106 Agreements to ensure we can charge the scheme for the best value.
- Maintain accurate, up to date files on each scheme. Keep a centralised database/spreadsheet of all properties/schemes which we have completed packs for.
- Maintain charging register on our internal system.
- Assist with payment of invoices on our internal Purchase Order system and updating the pack fees spreadsheet.
- Assist the Property Charging Manager with Charging projects.
- Update Property Charging Manager monthly with the pack completion percentage.
- Assist Legal Document Executive with administrative tasks when necessary.
- Promote and maintain a customer focus.
- Promote and maintain an active approach to health and safety, in respect of yourself, colleagues and customers.
The Successful Candidate
- Experience of office based administrative procedures and practices
- Liaising with internal and external parties effectively
- Experience of document collation and manipulation
- Ability to prioritise workloads at busy times
- Excellent record keeping and organisational skills
- Is able to meet targets and deadlines, sometimes under pressure
- Can effectively communicate with various external/internal parties
- Clear understanding of the importance of customer service
- Self-motivated with drive and resilience
- Flexible with working hours – attending meetings – occasional evening and weekends as required
- Able to travel locally and regionally
- Valid driving licence
- Own transport
- Previous Development/ Property Charging experience
- Understanding of a development completion process & documentation
- Extensive knowledge of RTB/RTA, Land Registry Procedures/forms and Planning/Section 106 agreements
- Ability to run reports and collate statistical information and present in different ways
- Ability to review Planning Approvals and Section 106 Agreements effectively
If you think this could be the next role for you, please apply now.