Part Time Finance Director
My client is a care based Charity, whose mission is to transform the lives of people with life changing disabilities. They provide specialist residential care, respite and therapy services from their two sites in Kent and Sussex. The Finance Director will be responsible for providing a financial management service to the Board and Trustees, advise on financial matters, and lead the finance team to successfully deliver the day to day finance operations. This pivotal role will also be responsible for ensuring funding is maximised to enable care to be delivered to the highest quality within budget.
Detailed Responsibilities for the Finance Direcctor;
- Overseeing the financial management of the Charity
- Co-ordinate the budget process for the organisation for Board approval
- Oversee the production of monthly management accounts and quarterly forecasts, reporting at Board Meetings current risks/opportunities
- Monthly Budget meetings with senior stakeholders
- Monitoring all costs to ensure they remain within budget, in particular for staff and agency costs
- Ensure individual residents fees cover costs and fully reflect the level of dependency and care needs
- Negotiate fee increases to ensure costs are fully covered
- Preparing the annual consolidated financial statements in line with SORP and FRS102
- Cashflow and Treasury management
- Monitoring the debtors and stock levels in the organisation and advising on them as necessary
- Ensuring finance system is efficient and fit for purpose by monitoring performance, identify/implement changes when appropriate to meet the needs of the organisation
- Ensuring all restricted funding is used for its intended purpose
- Ensuring effective and robust financial control, regularly seeking and implementing improvements
- Monitoring the organisation’s financial and legal risk management and ensuring relevant mitigating factors are in place
- Ensuring legal and statutory compliance
- Operating as Company Secretary
- Co-ordinating the activities of external auditors and managing professional relationships
- Liaising with internal and external legal advisors as required
- Coaching and mentoring senior leaders in their understanding of finance issues
- Ensuring the Finance department delivers an excellent service to key customers
In order to be considered for this exciting opportunity, candidates must be able to demonstrate the following;
- Fully Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Relevant post qualification experience
- Staff management
- Experience gained in a variety of sectors
Costing and modelling experience would be advantageous, as would experience gained within a care environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an organisation who is caring and compassionate about not only their cause, but their staff also. Your work will contribute to the overall success of the Charity. Excellent benefits include generous holiday entitlement, flexible working, long service award and private healthcare.
Part time hours are to be agreed and salary will be pro rata accordingly.
Enquiries and applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.