AutoCAD Designer- Inventor Experience needed.
Junior AutoCAD Designer
£18K-£23K DOE plus benefits
We are recruiting for a Junior Auto CAD Designer on behalf of our client, a well respected market leader within their field.
Purpose of the role:
To liaise with the sales department and clients regarding project design criteria to produce general arrangement drawings to send to the customer for approval.
- Producing 2D CAD drawings from surveys / clients' layouts to send for approval
- Carrying out structural calculations relevant to the general arrangement drawing produced
- Liaising with relevant parties including client, developers and site teams
- Producing Building Regulation applications when required
- Ensuring that all work is carried out in conformance with the company standard procedures and all relevant legislation as applicable at the time.
- Working with engineers and building control as and when required
- Keeping the relevant parties informed of any cost implications if projects have changed
- Being proactive and flexible in order to provide support in all design activities to other team members as and when required
- Ensuring that all finalised drawings and associated information is archived at the end of each completed project.
- Carrying out investigations to establish the reasons for errors that have been reported
The candidate will have/be:
- Experience of using AutoCAD (2D)
- Solid experience within a similar role ideally within the construction sector
- Experience in producing architectural/structural drawings
- Educated to at least A Level standard
- Experienced and have the ability to produce clear and informative production drawings, and technical information
- A good level of IT skills and be literate and adequately numerate to be able to undertake a reasonable level of technical calculations
- Excellent time management skills and be able to work systematically to ensure completion of tasks in a timely manner
- Great communication skills both written and orally
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in modern, open plan offices, in a collaborative team environment within a stable business offering a competitive salary and discretionary bonus. This is your chance to join a company at an exciting point of expansion, so if you feel you meet the above criteria and are looking for the next step in your career, please apply online for immediate consideration.
This vacancy is being handled by Emily Powell, Executive Consultant at Pearson Whiffin Recruitment.