The Applied Intelligence division of BAE Systems delivers solutions which protect and enhance the connected world. Everything we do creates a safer future.
We want to solve problems for our customers and by bringing together great minds, we can work together to make the world a safer place.
The Business Consultant's role is focussed on helping clients deal with the impact of a change project on their business and its stakeholders. A Business Consultant requires a flexible attitude, critical thinking and the ability to engage with stakeholders at every level - from SROs down to the practitioners impacted by a project. The types of change that Business Consultants facilitate come in many forms, from organisational change (such as a new operating model), to business process change, to the impact of large Systems Delivery projects (IT-enabled change).
Business Consultants understand that just delivering the right change is not always enough and that the way that stakeholders and users are engaged and how their emotional responses to change are addressed can be the difference between the success or failure of multi-million pound investments. Business Consultants shepherd organisations through changes in order to maximise their positive impact on their business. Our Business Consultants work at the core of our client's operations. They are obsessed about solving problems for our customers. They face tough challenges on a daily basis but have a shared vision to protect the connected world, and find solutions that make a difference.
Business Consultants are frequently responsible for:
- Taking the project's vision and, through analysis and stakeholder engagement, developing a solid business case that underpins the project.
- Assessing the organisation's readiness for change and understanding and planning the practical interventions that will make the change a success including training, knowledge management and the deployment of the change.
- Agreeing key messages and developing and implementing a communications strategy and plan.
- Enabling the identification and realisation of benefits, defining the key metrics that will indicate operational success and planning and implementing the methodology for their measurement.
- Providing the necessary practical support to the clients who are the visible face of the change within their organisation and, as necessary, coaching and mentoring them through the process of delivering change.
At higher grades Business Consultants will be trusted advisors to their clients. They will lead teams and manage projects that deliver business change.
The business consultant may also be called on to develop the vision for change, define a target operating model, elicit and refine business requirements and/or perform aspects of process design/re-engineering.
- Lead analysis in areas where the consultant has experience.
- Lead client engagement on specific sections of a project or programme.
- Lead small workshops and interviews to capture information from key stakeholders.
- Plan and Present core information to stakeholder groups to assist in change activities.
- Coach other members of staff to help them develop core techniques.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence:
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we're constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we'll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you'll have client contact, variety and support from day one.
We'll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. Whatever your area of expertise, you'll be much more than just a job title; you'll be an integral part of the business where your individual contribution makes a difference every day. Great minds deserve great rewards, so we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Staying competitive in today's global marketplace requires an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
Help us secure a connected world by being an unseen hero. Apply now and be inspired.