Are you looking for an opportunity with a leading national business? If the answer is YES, Tarmac are recruiting for a Maintenance Fitter in Carnforth, North Lancashire and this could be the ideal role for you.
Joining our team as a Maintenance Fitter you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
Who are we looking for?
As our ideal Maintenance Fitter, you will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within a similar role either in a quarry environment.
• Time served working on industrial plant equipment
• BTEC, City & Guilds or NVQ3 in mechanical engineering
• IOSH training would be advantageous
• Some experience in welding is desirable
• Fault finding on Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems
What will I be responsible for?
Reporting in to our Site Manager/supervisors, the successful Maintenance Fitter will work as part of the team maintaining all plant equipment across the area to ensure all maintenance is carried out to a high standard and in line with Company procedures to maximise efficient productivity. You will also be responsible for:
- Ensuring plant equipment maintained to high standard and in a timely manner
- Developing a works plan and maintenance system
- Ensuring plant operates in a safe manner
- Ensuring all work carried out and documented in line with company Health and Safety policies
- Ensuring production is maintained to required target levels by assisting on line and mobile plant when required.
At Tarmac, our people have been shaping the world around us for more than 100 years, from the roads we drive on every day, to the buildings, airports, stadiums, offices and hospitals we live in and work in. We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. We’re looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join our team of over 7,000 employees across the UK. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Maintenance Fitter, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.