Accounts Payable Administrator
We are currently looking for a Purchase Ledger Clerk for our reputable and well-established client based in Runcorn. Reporting to the Group Accounts Manager, you will be responsible for auctioning all requests for payment so that they are accurate, valid and ready for funds transfer on the required due date.
* To process goods & services and logistics invoices, ensuring that they paid efficiently and in accordance with agreed payment terms and VAT regulations.
* Ensure that there is adequate supporting paperwork, authorisation has been obtained and goods/services have been receipted.
* To minimise overdue supplier balances with a key focus on ensuring discrepancies are resolved quickly and efficiently whilst maintaining good relationships with both internal and external contacts.
* To maintain accurate creditor accounts and review all supplier credit notes on a regular basis.
* Adhere to payment standards following payment calendar
* Respond to suppliers' queries and liaise with Company Procurement, Site and Finance teams to quickly resolve issues relating to unpaid invoices.
* Assist the Accounts Manager in reviewing and improving policies for both suppliers and the Business
* AAT preferred
* Educated to A'Level desired, however good standard of secondary education GCSE Grade 5 or above (equivalent to GCSE C Grades)
* Two to three years' experience in a supplier (or customer) facing role desirable
* Good level of IT literacy, numeracy and a good knowledge of SAP
* Tenacious and thorough
* Strong interpersonal and persuasive skills
* Methodical approach, with good problem-solving ability
There is plenty of scope for progression within the business for the successful candidate.
If you match the above criteria and are interested in applying for the position, please do not hesitate to contact us.