Aon are currently recruiting a Claims Assistant / Specialist to join our Global Broking Centre (GBC) team based in Chelmsford. Within this role you will be primarily responsible for the resolution of simple administrative type presentation enquiries and queries within the Claims team. In addition to supporting the wider Claims department in the processing and supervising the notification, agreement, collection and settlement of claims. Previous Insurance or Claims experience is not required, so this a great opportunity to accelerate your career within a fantastic team and leading firm.
About the Role
As a Claims Assistant / Specialist, your key responsibilities will be:
- Delivering the resolution of queries within an agreed service level.
- Ensure correct records are maintained using the core systems utilised by the claims department.
- Assist the Claims department with:
- Claim advice - support the completion of claim notification form with all the information required and assist with notifying the claim, subsequent advice and settlement to carriers.
- Payment - ensure prompt process of payment liaising with the account team / carriers and clients as required.
- Bureau claims collection management.
- Claims support for renewal meeting - claims statistics support for pre-renewal meetings, placing and renewal negotiations.
- Claims insights - work with other teams as necessary to ensure that relevant information is shared as required and the appropriate actions are taken to meet clients’ needs.
- Internal Communication - ensure effective communication is in place with business units, with clients, the network, markets and other related internal groups.
- Risk management - responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Educated to GCSE level or above, preferably with a C grade or higher in English and Maths.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent organisational and administration skills with attention to detail.
- A team player.
- Previous Insurance or Claims knowledge, and experience of using Brokasure or CLASS and ECF claims processing systems, is preferred but not essential.
Salary & Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.