Insurance Broker - Commercial
Job Title - Commercial Insurance Broker
Salary - £24,000 - £26,000
Location - Tunbridge Wells
Hours - 35 hours a week
Benefits - 23 days Holiday (You will also get your birthday off!) Pension Scheme, Cash plan enrolment - Dental, Eye and Health cover.
Our client is one of the longest established Independent Insurance Brokers in the UK, and has a reputation for delivering innovative products, quality service and competitive premiums. They provide professional Broking services to a variety of business sectors using their close bonds with competitive specialist Insurers to supply comprehensive, affordable and tailored protection.
Deliver a compliant and excellent service to all Partner Brokers and where required clients, through all stages of their relationship with the firm. Demonstrate a culture of successful and winning delivery.
Seek opportunities to expand existing business or develop new business opportunities in support of the firm's business plans and its aim "to be the complete broker".
Work effectively as a member of your team to deliver against personal or team targets for volume, income or quality measurements.
The successful Broker Advisor will be required to perform the following tasks and duties however is not limited to -
- Pre-Renewal and Renewal Processing
- Business Development/Identify opportunity to expand business opportunities
- Claims Handling
- Mid-term adjustments
- Premium collection
- Record keeping
- Data Entry
- Diary Management
- Post Management/Allocation - as required
- Client and Insurer Queries.
- Be flexible with personal and management task give to you.
The successful Broker Advisor will possess the following skills, knowledge and experience to be considered, however again will not be limited to the following -
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Excellent Communication skills
- Confident & effective Telephone skills
- The ability to prioritise and organise own workload.
- The ability to work supportively and jointly with colleagues.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines when required.
- Computer skills - Word, Excel and Outlook
- Be able to apply own judgement and experience when making decisions or giving advice to clients, including when to refer to an alternative appropriate expert.
- Good understanding of FCA regulations and guidelines relating to commercial clients / consumers. clients.
- Good knowledge of all core policies offered by the firm, with reference to appropriate experts, when the cover falls outside own expertise.
- Good knowledge of general insurance and underlying principles.
- Good knowledge of the Company's computer system.
- Willingness to continue to develop knowledge of products and related issues through formal and informal learning, both internally and externally to the Firm.
- Willingness to learn in the London Insurance market and travel to London as required for underwriting and broking purposes.
- Professional Qualifications - IF1 & working towards Cert CII
At least 2 years' experience of relevant Broker/Advisory/Business Development experience gained in a professional insurance broking environment.