Role: Maintenance Manager
Salary: £43,000 - £46,000 per annum + 8% bonus + company car
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8am till 5pm
Location: Commutable from Crawley, Brighton, Worthing, Horsham, Leatherhead and surrounding areas
A highly successful and large Manufacturer offering a world class, innovative and fast paced environment are looking for a confident Maintenance Manager / Engineering Manager to head up and lead their team of Engineers.
· Implement a robust Planned Preventative Maintenance Program.
· Reduce machine downtime and increase productivity
· Ensure the team are proactive, effective and meet the demands of the business
· Deliver plant improvements
· Plan and co-ordinate business strategies across the plant and it’s equipment
· Help improve communication between from Engineering to Production and Quality Departments
· Effectively manage maintenance activities (planned and unplanned), utilising operational excellence and continuous improvement activities to improve equipment reliability and ensure minimal equipment downtime.
· Drive improvements within the maintenance team to maximise efficiency within the Production and Maintenance departments.
· People management activities for a team of Engineers including recruitment, holidays, absence management, appraisals etc.
· During maintenance incidents, actively use problem solving to identify the true root cause of the issue - and implement corrective actions.
· Take an active role in increasing standards of safety and quality across the business, through highlighting hazards and making improvements in equipment and/or procedures.
· Maintain and update all maintenance documentation, which will include PC-based systems.
· Work closely with the production department to help plant deliver productivity goals.
· Manage revenue and capital spends within the confines of budget limits.
· Manage / develop stores system to ensure that critical spares have been identified and in stock at all times.
· Work alongside both UK Engineering and Central Engineering to maximise potential of team and machinery.
· Completed a recognised engineering apprenticeship preferred or similar
· Holding qualifications in Engineering, either Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or both, such as City & Guilds, NVQ’s, HNC, Degree etc.
· Engineering or Maintenance Management experience, overseeing a department and a team of Maintenance Engineers
· Experience of working within the manufacturing industry, ideally within a heavy sector, looking after the maintenance production machinery.
· All industries considered, including Automotive, Pharmaceutical, Plastics, FMCG, Food, Brick etc.
If this role sounds of interest, please apply now and send your most up to date CV to Wesley at TechNichols Resourcing to be considered. Or call TechNichols Resourcing and speak with Wesley for further information.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard back within 5 working days unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.