This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Charge hand to join a global organization on a contract basis.
Plan, supervise and carry out the build and construction of equipment on a day to day basis, in line with requirements set out by the Construction Engineers and Supervisors.
Review drawings and documentation with Construction Engineers and Supervisors for construction works. Agree with Construction Engineers hours required for the workshop assembly / construction activities and schedule the time required within the workshop for implementation.
Lead and manage workshop permanent staff and temporary workers under your direct supervision to carry out their duties in a safe and professional manner.
Ensure certification is in place for employees/temporary workers with specific competencies such as lifting / crane operation etc. by checking qualifications and certificates held on file
Review progress of assembly work scopes to supervision, highlighting areas of concern
Identify work methods and appropriate tooling and equipment requirements for specific work tasks.
Follow specified instruction and processes throughout the build, ensuring that all documentation is completed accurately and in a timely manner
Highlight any concerns to supervision which may arise throughout the build and having an input into proposed solutions and their implementation
Provide support and guidance to other workers as required
Ensure safe systems of work are used to keep all site personnel and visitors safe from harm. Fully utilise all systems including RAMS, toolbox talks, HIT cards and permits to work etc. Identify the need for specific Risk Assessments where a suitable generic does not exist and produce as required.
Must be a trained first aider and be willing and able to undertake the roles of First Aider and Fire Warden as required.
Fully participate in daily operational management team meetings (SIMOPS) leading as required.
Required to travel and work nationally and internationally to meet the needs of the business, including offshore works.
- IT proficient
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Able to work independently and as part of a team, as required by the role
- A flexible approach to working overtime and shifts when required to meet project needs
- In this role you may have access to privileged information. A professional and sensitive approach in dealing with management and confidential information is essential to meet business and legislative requirements.
- Time served in relevant trade
- Operation of MEWPs and IHC plant equipment (advantageous but not a necessity for the right candidate)
- Considerable operational experience or previous supervisory experience essential
- Experience or time served in engineering / heavy engineering
- Experience of managing lifting operations
- Excellent man management skills
To be considered for this role please click "apply now" and submit a copy of your updated CV