Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Leading manufacturing business seeking a Multi-Skilled maintenance engineer for their business in Wiltshire
Your new company
Europe's leading suppliers of fresh produce, specialising in watercress, salads and fresh herbs, and a proud heritage of market-leading innovation including the introduction of living herbs.
Your new role
Reporting to the shift engineering lead, your role as Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer you will
have a hand on approach carrying out breakdowns, planned maintenance and small improvement
Key relationships: Production, technical and hygiene teams.
Adherence with all Company Occupational Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) policies and
procedures. To ensure full co-operation in all aspects of HSE and to act positively on any
failings or weaknesses in our systems or procedures, identified by yourself or brought to your
- Ensure that all working practices are adhered to in regards to health & safety, food safety and procedures.
- Continuous improvement ideas with the focus of reducing down time on machinery, increasing efficiency and reducing waste
- Seek to quickly instigate effective fault analysis and solve machine problems through the collaboration of all departments.
- Ensuring accurate data input and recording of all related data bases to aide in analyses for focused improvements and ensure legal compliances are maintained.
- Ensure that production specifications and quality standards are adhered to.
- Be flexible in the work that you do and the areas you work, support any other reasonable request by a relevant and appropriate manager
What you'll need to succeed
Experience / Attainment:
- Experience of working within a engineering maintenance position
- Strong electrical and mechanical understanding to fault find.
- Able to read Electrical/Mechanical drawings.
- Understanding of Pneumatic control.
- Fabrication experience (include welding)
Skills & Competencies:
- Problem solving techniques.
- Using the computer and its applications
- Good decision process
- Planning and prioritising activities
What you'll get in return
- Competitive Salary
- Company Benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.