Generalist Manager - Top 30 Accountancy Practice
A market leading 16 Partner firm, who provides accountancy, audit and tax services and strategic advice to private clients, companies, entrepreneurs are looking for an ACA qualified Accountant to join their expanding team.
The culture of the firm is friendly and down to earth. Many of the Partners trained here and many staff have dedicated their professional careers to the firm.
The Role Working in one of the Firm's three multi-disciplinary workgroups, the individual will be responsible for a diverse portfolio of clients, both private and corporate and will provide advice over a broad spectrum of services including, accounting, tax, trusts and audits. There will be the opportunity to have regular client contact and to work closely with a number of Partners.
- Managing all aspects of their allocated client portfolio; including planning, the execution of the work, drafting of correspondence and billing. The work will include the requisite elements of the work from start to completion on accounting, tax, trusts and audit.
- Planning work and allocating appropriate resources to ensure that work is completed in a timely manner and to a high standard; reviewing work and giving feedback to junior staff.
- Acting as the main point of contact for the clients in the portfolio and corresponding with them in the most appropriate way.
- Dealing with the HMR&C, investment managers, lawyers and other third parties.
- Assisting with other ad hoc assignments in relation to the financial affairs of clients.
- Assisting with marketing the firm and attending networking events with co-professionals, as appropriate.
- Preferably ACA qualified with first time passes and a good academic record.
- 2 years+ post qualification experience.
- A strong general accountancy background, including personal tax. Experience of trusts and estates would be an advantageous;
- Confidence in dealing with the HMR&C, bankers and investment managers.
- Strong communication skills so that you can deal with clients verbally or in writing.
- Good IT skills - including proficient use of Excel and Word
- 25 days holiday per annum.
- The first six months of your employment will be on a probationary basis.
- Health Insurance/LA: You will be eligible for free private health insurance and life assurance following the probationary period.
- Contributory pension scheme for which you will be eligible on successful completion of your probationary period.
- Season Ticket loan: Available after six months' service.
For more information please contact Nathan Cutler at Taylor Hawkes