Finance Operations Manager
Comotion consulting are a thriving consulting and recruitment business. To achieve our plans for expansion, we are now seeking an experienced full-time Finance Operations Manager. You will be a qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ACA) who has ideally worked in a professional services environment. You will be looking for an opportunity to join a young and thriving company with a great culture and an extensive and growing international client base. The company is part of a much bigger international group thus exposure to working in this type of environment would be an advantage. This is a very hands-on role, you will be creating and running core processes.
The key aspects of the role are:
- Project accounting - Project accounting for all consulting assignments, ensuring the smooth running of client engagements through from contracting, set-up on internal systems through inflight management / reporting to close down and post project evaluation
- Weekly/Monthly and quarterly reporting packs - Evaluating overall operational performance of the business by gathering, analysing and interpreting data and metrics
- Management and ad-hoc reporting - month-end processes and close. This will include extensive liaison with group company finance and reporting functions.
o Income accrual journals - consulting and recruitment
o Internal workforce cost allocation
o Project expenses review and adjustments.
o SG&A review and necessary adjustments / accruals / prepayments
- Internal Projects - Initiate and lead the delivery on time and to budget of internal projects for Comotion in areas such as facilities, internal systems selection and compliance. Also act as the contact point for Freeman initiatives and group wide projects
- Policies and Procedures - Responsible for the development and updating of internal policies to ensure compliance with Freeman group standards, relevant industry best practice and UK legal compliance (e.g. GDPR)
- Human Resources - Oversee the performance management process within Comotion and Talecco (development plans, informal monthly review process, twice yearly formal review process etc...)
You will be a fully qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ACA) with advanced Microsoft suite of products, in particular Excel and PowerPoint. You will have demonstrable experience in using PSA (professional services automation) software - across areas such as job set-up; job management; timesheets; expenses. You will have expert financial acumen around profit and loss sheets; balance sheets; cashflow management etc.
You will use your experience around core people processes such as hiring and development / performance management and will be customer centric and driven - going the extra mile for both colleagues and clients. A strong moral compass and passion for doing the right thing for both clients and the firm and excellent emotional intelligence with an ability to build trust and rapport in all relationships is imperative. A flexible and responsive approach and strong 'team player’ aptitude and willingness to have fun and collaborate is essential! A full role spec is also available.