Senior Finance Manager
My client is on the lookout for an exceptional and well-rounded Senior Finance Manager with a breadth of experience in a start-up environment. You’ll be driven, self-motivated, and you’ll own all day to day financial responsibilities. We’re looking for someone who is eager to wear many hats and embrace the variety this role can offer. You will act as an advocate of best practice solutions and guidance to other teams within the business, as well as an adaptable person who welcomes and manages change. You will act as a mentor and manager to the Finance Assistant as well as the go-to person for the Chief Financial Officer
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Ownership of day to day financial operations
• Ownership of Treasury function
• Preparation of all month end schedules for accruals, prepayments and deferred revenue calculation
• Managing an international sales ledger and credit control function for up to 200 accounts
• Managing multi-currency bank accounts and sales ledgers.
• Run Project Backlog and MRR forecast meetings with Operations / Sales Operations.
• Running payroll in house for a company of 45
• Mentoring/managing a Financial Assistant
• VAT return / All HMRC related queries.
• Assist with Forecast and Budget cycle.
• Supporting the CFO with Board presentations
• Financial Analysis, ad hoc reporting.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
Required skills & experience • 5+ years’ financial management experience
• Prior experience in working for a small SME or start-up company
• Prior people management experience in a small finance team
• Experience assisting/creating Board reports
• Excellent Excel and Powerpoint skills
• Experience using CRM system (Salesforce would be useful but not essential)
• Action and result oriented and a proactive communicator with senior executives
• Analytical/reporting skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to converse in a structured and effective way.
• Excellent organisational skills to handle multiple projects at the same time
• Ability to learn and understand new applications quickly
• Capacity to anticipate, understand, investigate and resolve accounts and team issues as they arise
• Exceptional ability to prioritize tasks in a fast paced and high-pressure environment.
• Ability to write clear and concise reports
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Experience using Xero and Sage useful but not essential
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
• 25 days holiday + your birthday off + bank holidays,
• Bonus Scheme
• 4pm Friday finish
• Flexible working hours (40 a week) + work from home options
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Quarterly appraisals & development planning
• An excellent Regent Street location with access to an exclusive Regent Street Rewards Card