Head of Business Development-Semiconductors
Head of Business Development
Just outside of Cambridge
We are recruiting a Head of Business Development for one of our R&D technology company who offers turnkey solutions to a range of industries such as medical, green energy generation and much more. This is a new role for the business therefore we are looking for strong business acreman's and able to build strong working relationships with key accounts.
The role would not suit a candidate who is heavily focused on lots of sales, we are looking for someone is strategic in their approach and be able to work closely with all parties involved to deliver and someone who is able to lead, present and influence.
As a Head of Business Development, it requires for someone who is dynamic, able to deliver on opportunities through IP licensing models with strategic partners.
You will be responsible for the following;
* Develop and manage the Business Development department, function and team
* Own and grow the company Business Development & commercial strategies with the CEO
* Effectively identify and deliver high value opportunities in target technology sectors
* Identify, develop and secure engagement with suitable strategic partners and customers
* Drive the initial negotiation of high value partnership contracts and licencing agreements
* Collaborate with the R&D team to identify projects and products with market potential
* Promote the company, technology and ethos at global events
* Work with the management team to implement efficient BD systems and processes
* Prepare high quality executive reports for the board and external stakeholders
To be successful we are looking for the following attributes;
* Deep background in Business Development of high-tech products
* Well-developed departmental management capabilities
* Experienced with disruptive, initially push driven, technology exploitation
* Very good opportunity identification and exploitation potential capacity
* Ability to deliver market traction from novel technologies
* IP licencing, contract negotiation and commercial partnership management capabilities
* Agile approach to programme management
* A capability to grasp quickly new scientific concepts and technologies
* An exceptional team player with strong interpersonal skills
* Good financial understanding of business operations
Candidates should be degree qualified ideally within an engineering discipline (physics, materials science, electronics) along with being confident with presenting and able to carry yourself regardless of the audience. Any additional languages would be an advantage.