Audit and Compliance Officer (accountancy training)
This is a 12 month fixed-term contract position, working for a global professional accountancy body.
The 'licensing compliance’ team is responsible for the arrangements for 'Approved Employers’ holding Practising Certificate Development ('PCD’) status across all our client's markets, thus supporting students and members to obtain practising certificates and contributing to our client's business relationships with these firms in the UK and Ireland.
As the licensing compliance officer, the primary focus for this role is visiting firms to monitor the standard of work place training obtained by students and members who are training for our client’s qualifications.
About 2-3 days a week will be spent out visiting firms.
This role can be based out of our client’s Glasgow or Birmingham offices.
- A highly-motivated professional who holds a professional accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA)
- UK/Irish practice firm experience.
- External auditing experience (minimum three years post-qualified)
- Full UK Drivers License, and access to own vehicle
- Exposure to the recruitment, training and development of practice employees would be extremely beneficial and valued
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders and partners.
- A highly-motivated, proactive and enthusiastic individual who is able to work with minimum supervision and with the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Well-developed written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Responsible for ensuring Approved Employer advisory and monitoring visits are undertaken in line with agreed regulatory standards and the rolling visit plan.
- Responsible for providing support and training to the Authorisation team, in particular the review of experience records in support of practising certificate applications.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and review of regulatory procedures and systems to ensure efficient and effective performance of the Licensing department as a whole.
- Responsible for providing up to date support and advice to students, members, employers, tuition providers and other market influencers on all aspects of our client, in particular training and development.
- Undertake presentations as part of the monitoring process providing guidance and support to members seeking practising certificates.
- Contribute to the development and updating of the policy for the Approved Employer scheme, monitoring procedures, quality controls, documentation and visit evaluation systems to ensure they meet the requirements of the UK Financial Reporting Council and IAASA.
- Work with our client's Markets teams where Licensing Compliance activity crosses their own activities to ensure employer relationships are enhanced by monitoring process. In addition, use such opportunities to provide training and support to their local staff.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
This vacancy is being advertised by FJWilson Talent Services. The services advertised by FJWilson Talent Services are those of a recruitment business.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability or age. We will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community. Furthermore, all qualifications listed are indicative, and we confirm that we are willing to accept applications from persons holding equivalent qualifications.