Field Service Engineer
My client is currently looking for an experienced Field Service Engineer who will be based from home covering the Luton/Dunstable area and will maintain, service and repair our range of load handling equipment, including truck mounted forklifts (TMF), truck mounted cranes, forestry and recycling cranes as well as demountable and skip loaders.
The role reports to the Service and Installation Manager.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Must take responsibility for maintaining, servicing, and repairing load handling equipment, to include truck mounted cranes, forestry and recycling cranes as well as demountable Hook Lifts, skip loaders and truck mounted forklifts
- Inspection, service and repairs
- Completion of timesheets, site reports and all necessary paperwork pertaining to customer reporting
- Maintain I.T. Service Records
- Attend training and development courses as required
What you’ll need to succeed:
The ideal candidate will need to be highly motivated, service-orientated, and with good communication and interpersonal skills. They will have demonstrable technical experience with a similar, mobile service role. Will need to be flexible with regards to travel, tasks performed, and working hours; including weekend working and on-call cover worked on a rostered basis. Should be comfortable working independently and be an effective problem solver.
Ideally you have:
- A recognised engineering apprenticeship or similar qualification
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills
- Experience of working with relevant mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems.
In return our client offers and attractive package of £28,000 - £32,000 dependant on experience, plus overtime (standard rate through the week, time and a half Saturdays and double time Sundays).
Other Benefits include a company van (that you can also use personally), uniform, internet mobile, laptop, generous company pension and real opportunities to progress your career to a senior role. This is a day’s based role (45 hour week that starts from the minute you leave home in the morning) and the company operates an on call rota of 1 in 4 weekends for which bonuses will be paid. The company has an excellent training and support matrix for new engineers joining the business and they can also offer development and progression opportunities.