£27,209-£29,765 per annum
Eden Brown Education is working with a superb Further Education College in East Sussex where we are recruiting an Exams Officer. Everything at the college is driven by a love of learning - and if you share their passion, this could be your next step towards becoming part of the team.
The role is going to be a permanent position and is 37 hours a week, as a Exams officer you will be responsible for organising and implementing all activities relating to examinations in the College (including internal, external examinations for college students and private candidates). The post requires flexibility in coping with the varying workload associated with different parts of the examinations cycle, and variations in examination boards procedures and deadlines each year
Applicants are required to have
- Previous experience of being an Exams Officer
- A detailed knowledge of administering qualifications and examinations in a Sixth Form College environment.
- Considerable experience of working with students aged 16-19 and an understanding of, and empathy with, the needs of young adults.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to liaise and work constructively in a professional partnership with other staff, students and parents & external bodies such as examination boards.
- High levels of communication, organisational, problem skills and IT skills.
- A willingness to be flexible and adaptable, according to the priorities of the College at any time.
- Highly developed administrative skills, including a good knowledge of Microsoft Office (in particularly good Excel spreadsheet skills and relevant databases).
- An awareness of the need for personal development, both as a member of a team and as an individual.
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality and data protection principles.
- A strong commitment to the College's aim of providing quality education in a supportive community and a commitment to equality of rights and opportunities.
- A general awareness of the strategic direction of the College and an understanding of the environment in which it operates.
If you would like to find out more about this vacancy, please contact Dan Sanders.