Scientific & Engineering Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced scientific engineering manager to join an innovative organisation in Cambridgeshire who specialise in the application of new material technologies into medical science, renewable and green energy industries. As an engineering manager you will lead, develop and manage the growing technical team alongside working closely with the directors to drive, implement and further develop the company's technology road map.
To be successful as an engineering manager you should possess previous project management and staff management experience within a scientific or engineering environment.
Scientific Engineering Manager Key Responsibilities:
- Manage, control and drive the technology road map to ensure timely milestone delivery.
- Deliver novel and inventive technology development strategies.
- Support business development strategic technology development partnerships.
- Actively integrate with and support development partners to aid technology development.
- Manage intellectual property portfolio development.
- Provide regular reports to senior management.
- Work closely with the management team to provide robust systems, processes and reporting.
- Support the director's with the implementation of new technical strategies and ideas.
Scientific Engineering Manager Requirements:
- Previous project management and staff management experience within a scientific or engineering environment is essential.
- Project management with a strong track record of delivering new technologies to market.
- Experience of materials development for device applications and solid-state device design.
- Strong understanding of corporate processes and procedures.
- An exceptional team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Hold a degree in a relevant scientific or engineering discipline.
Salary £50,000 - £60,000 + Excellent Benefits Inc. Company Share Option - Pension Contribution.
If you are an innovative thinker with a passion for science and want to make difference to the technology landscape please send your CV to Lewis at Cranleigh Scientific.