Job Title: Production Engineer
Hours of work 0900-1700 Monday to Friday
My client are seeking an experienced Production Engineer to drive manufacturing activities from new product release to shipping, ensuring that all appropriate customer requirements, company standards, and HSE considerations are applied and adhered to, that products are manufactured in an economical and timely manner, and that company quality standards are met.
Main duties include:
* Preparation of production documentation for individual orders (batches) based on Master Product documents, liaise with Engineering and R&D departments, and issue them for production
* Oversee the production process from Engineering Master BoM, Picking through to Test and Despatch
* Monitoring product direct costs (parts and labour) to meet budgets
* Take full ownership of production activities and drive tasks to completion. Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed
* Co-ordinate tasks from picking to completion of production
* Responsible for generating and co-ordinating production records for each contract. This will be done by paper and electronic means, including Sage software. Maintaining the Production BoMs within Sage. * Custodian of production processes inclusive of authoring and revision where necessary
* Participation in Health, Safety & Environmental issues
* Maintain electronic records of all jobs to include all relevant documentation and emails
* Participate in assembly and test where required.
Candidates applying will have a background in production engineering. Preference will be given to candidates with proven experience and who are trained in an approved apprenticeship scheme, either mechanical or instrumentation and/or trained to an HNC or HND level (or equivalent).
Other required skills include:
* Demonstrable skills within production staff leadership
* Highly self-motivated
* Product manufacturing experience an advantage
* IT literacy * Ability to analyse and report information
* Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
* A willingness to learn and able to make decisions
* Workshop assembly skills
* Fault-finding abilities and hands-on attitude
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist Engineering Recruitment Company based in Norfolk