Civil Infrastructure Engineer, Cambridge
Civil Infrastructure Engineer
Full time, permanent.
Role: Chartered or near Chartered Infrastructure Civil Engineer.
Package: Basic salary will be in the bracket of £30,000 to £45,000, dependent upon experience. Payment of Professional Subscriptions; Company Pension etc
Our client is a well-established multi-disciplinary firm, with a diverse workload of £1-15m schemes. They have a vacancy for an experienced infrastructure engineer.
They offer a varied and interesting workload. This is a client facing role, and consequently will require a candidate with excellent communication skills. The successful candidate would have 7-10 years experience, and a good grounding in a range of civil engineering work (drainage, highways etc), or deeper knowledge within one area and a desire to develop their skills across other disciplines.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities associated with the role are as follows:
- Providing technical input and ensuring quality of work output on projects requiring detailed Highway Design and Drainage Design.
- Obtaining section agreements for highways and drainage works
- Report writing.
- Managing small projects autonomously, with support from a Senior Engineer.
- To liaise with the client as required to obtain information on project work.
Candidates should also meet some or all of the following criteria:
- Experience with a range of relevant software packages including Micro drainage, PDS or Civils 3d.
- Recent experience of detailed design for a variety of Civil Engineering works;
- Knowledge of the planning system and development control process;
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of transportation planning and traffic engineering;
- An understanding of Local and National planning policy context;
- An understanding of Section 104 and 106.
- An understanding of Section 38 and 278.
- Ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to liaise directly with clients and with other consultants/suppliers.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to support project-related discussions.
- Ability to self-direct on small projects, and seek support as required on larger projects.
- Commitment to producing high quality work and to promoting the reputation of the company.
- Commitment to continuous professional development.