Audit Senior - Top 20 Firm
Taylor Hawkes are working with a Top 20 Firm of chartered accountants who are looking for a qualified Audit Senior. You will provide a high-quality service to the Managers and Partners and develop strong client relations. This position offers an excellent opportunity to obtain audit experience in a variety of sectors together with scope for career development. Client base are SME's operating in various sectors including, property, technology, business services and retail, with a typical annual turnover of £5m to £50m.
- Planning, execution and completion of audits reporting to managers and partners.
- Preparation of accounts, reports and other assignments as required.
- Co-ordinate planning at clients including liaising with relevant departments within the firm.
- Communicating and building relationships with clients and related third parties.
- Leading on-site audit teams and completing jobs with minimal supervision, to deadlines and within budget.
- Business development including promoting the firm and its services to the existing client base and prospects.
- Development and supervision of trainees.
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be required.
- Work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills with senior staff and clients.
- Motivated to take responsibility of the role and maintain a high level of quality service across all competencies.
- ACA or ACCA qualified.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in Audit and Assurance within an accountancy practice.
- Experience of leading external audit assignments from fieldwork to completion stages under International Standards on Auditing.
- Experience of preparing accounts in accordance with UK GAAP.
- Confident user of Microsoft Office suite - Intermediate/Advanced user of Word and Excel.
Although not essential, the following knowledge and experience will be considered as an advantage:
- Knowledge of CaseWare software system.
- Experience of preparing accounts under IFRS.
- Experience of preparing Group accounts.
For more information please contact Colin Priddle at Taylor Hawke