MEP Commercial Manager
Due to our continued relationship with NHS Grampian following the successful delivery of £26.5m Mechanical & Electrical services to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary we now require an experienced Commercial Manager to manage the commercial risk elements of the Baird and Anchor project which is due for completion in 2021.
This project, which will provide state-of-the-art research and teaching facilities is one of the Aberdeen regions most prestigious and technically advanced Construction and Engineering Projects and the successful candidate will actively contribute from the pre-construction phase through to completion.
The candidate will have the opportunity to both deliver the project and work across Scotland as a region to develop and grow business in the region.
- The Commercial Manager will ensure that contract costs are monitored, controlled and regularly reviewed against agreed budgets, advising Operation and Commercial Directors of risks.
- Cost information will be accurately communicated through monthly reports to operational leadership teams and you will prepare business plan updates and provide valuable input into financial reviews.
- The Commercial Manager will advise and assist in the preparation of interim valuations and final accounts which may include offering assistance in the valuation of work where further experience is necessary.
- You will provide motivational leadership to the commercial team (including direct reports), working to inspire them and maximise the potential of individuals.
- The Commercial Manager will maintain and develop mutually beneficial customer relationships and where appropriate manage key supplier/vendor relationships.
- This varied, exciting role will offer excellent opportunity for career progression and continuous development.
- NG Bailey has recently established an internal RICS support team to elevate this professional standard and aid those wishing to gain accreditation.
- You will join a strong, ambitious and determined team and be assured of measurable career progression and ongoing investment in your development.
You will be an experienced, enthusiastic Commercial Manager, Senior Quantity Surveyor with an M&E, Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing, MEP, Building Services background and previous experience of high cost projects.
You will need a keen eye for detail, excellent team working ethos and be self-motivated.
A good working knowledge of NEC and JCT forms of contract would be advantageous, as would RICS membership.
We are one of the leading independent engineering and services businesses in the UK. Founded in 1921, with a turnover of £500m and 3000 employees, we are proud of our history of developing great people through our investment in training.
Working across a variety of sectors within the building and infrastructure industry, our innovative, responsible and forward thinking approach allows us to work on fantastic ground-breaking projects, providing solutions using the latest tools and technologies.
Progression is something we value and we’ll make sure that when you join us you have a clearly defined development path, supported by regular reviews, training and ongoing support to enable you to be the best you can be.