Principal Ecologist - Eastbourne
Role: Principal Ecologist
My client, a small UK based professional ecology consultancy who specialise in ecology, acoustics and Japanese Knot-weed, is searching for a Principal Ecologist to join their highly qualified and experienced team.
In this role, you will be involved in:
Working on projects where you will liaise with clients and stakeholders.
You will have the opportunity to complete site visits including field work where you will undertake Preliminary Ecological Assessments (PEAs), Ecological Impact Assessments (EcIAs), protected species surveys and mitigation strategies.
Conducting and writing reports.
Providing support, managing and mentoring fellow members of the team.
It is essential that applicants have:
- Have a BSc/ MSc in Ecology or a related discipline.
- Experience and capability to lead field surveys and assessments including PEAs, Phase 1 habitat surveys, protected species surveys, EcIAs and HRAs.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills.
- At least one protected species licence (e.g. Bats, Great Crested Newts, Otters etc.)
- A Full UK Driving Licence.
- Full membership of CIEEM.
The client also offers a negotiable salary dependant on experience with an attractive benefits package as well as career development opportunities.
If this exciting opportunity is of interest, please contact Carlie on (01792) 365000, or please email an up-to-date CV to . We have many more vacancies available on our website at www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency with respect to this position.